A Show of Shows - Superbooth, SFF, NAMM - Spring 23

Very excited to see what this is

1 Like

So many synths that I’ve barely heard of,
OR NEVER HEARD OF …

Fulgur ???

ADDED : Les Sondiers video in French.

3 Likes

High key hoping for an Ableton Push 3. Anyone know if they are even attending any of these shows?

3 Likes

Latin for “lightning”, but from French, possibly from “fulgurance”, which means dazzling.

1 Like

Trautonium, time to send a tweet in honor of Hitchcock :cool:

Nope. None.

There is a Bitwig Push 3 planned though, would that work for you ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is a popular speculation this year, i shot it down over in this thread too.

2 Likes

Please don’t tempt me with a dedicated bitwig controller.

I’m in Bitwig now. I prefer it to Ableton.

I only thought of switching back to Ableton for the tighter push integration (yes, I’ve seen the third party scripts for push and bitwig)

3 Likes

I believe in England they call this a “Unit”.

So what’s the over/under that this is going to be a miniature Tape & Microsound thing?

3 Likes

The hints point overwhelmingly in this direction, and man, any subset of Morphagene/Mimeophon features in 0- format would be exactly what I’m looking for these days…

Don’t make me buy a Microcosm, Make Noise!

5 Likes

Two announcements for SB :

This is rather niche, but Synth-Werk seems about ready to remake the 1981 Bode Sound Barberpole Phaser.

I don’t do Facebook, but from their FB page :
SYNTH-WERK.com | Facebook

=-=-=-=-=-=

Less niche, but not mainstream either, Analogue Solutions has a new product group, they have broken up the Colossus Slim into four parts, so you can buy that in pieces.

3 Likes

I spotted the “conspiracy theory meme guy” lurking at NAMM.

He’s in the back of an interview with Reverb rep, Fess Grandiose ( for real ), talking trends, with Nick Batt, so the “Conspiracy Meme Guy” definitely belongs in the picture.

Elektronauts is a great place for discussion of Reverb conspiracies – they fix prices and monitor your personal life, and have a plan to take over the world.

Where can we get the magazine, i guess it was only at NAMM.

The Reverb Paisley Drum

4 Likes

Has this been posted?

I’ve been planning to buy some Eurorack to get into Two Voice territory with the Matriarch but also kind of half holding off thinking there might be a more direct option not so far away…

8 Likes

“a little something new”, oh dear, that sounds dangerous!

Like as little as a desktop version?

3 Likes

who knows? desktop version seems likely or a 2 voice little something :slight_smile:

Or maybe a single SEM?

1 Like

My guess is something in the Take 5 price range. It has been about a year since the OB-X8 was introduced, and the Take 5 was introduced about year after the P5. Maybe a new take on an Oberheim Two Voice or Four Voice. Or maybe an updated OB-1. They went grey panel on the X8, maybe they will again with this next one:

9 Likes

Ugh I regret selling my OB1 years ago (for $450 no less). I would love if they reissued that.

2 Likes

An Oberheim in Take5 territory would be mind blowing. I’m getting anxious as SB approaches but after NAMM I’m keeping expectations in check.

5 Likes

physical modeling maybe?

16 Likes