A track without sound?

I am passing thru old stuff and on several occasions, the track 1 gives no sound.
No scenes affecting it, impossible to even preview the sound in the sound pool or within the editor, HOLD and Release on INF, no filter, no LFO.
I do have a sound when i CUE the track though.
What could cause that? (Let’s save the corrupted project for the end please)

Track level turned down before saving maybe, such as fading out a kick, for example?

No sound even when moving the level knob.

1 Like

I can think of one scenario where this can happen that isn’t very obvious, but it will have the exact effect you are having. I know you said you don’t have any scenes for the track , but double-check that the XLV (crossfader level?) isn’t set to MIN on both A and B scenes.

Check by holding down A, then B. It will either be MAX or MIN. If both are set to MIN, you won’t hear anything unless you CUE the track.

As i said there is nothing on the track affected to a scene, including Xlvl or Amp.

1 Like

User error. Trust me it’s always user error. Octatrack makes no sense until it does.

1 Like

Hence my question « what can cause this? »
Notice i never said my OT had an issue, i practiced it enough to know it is 98% user error :wink:

3 Likes

Personal Settings? CUE to focus or mute checked? Other than that I have no clue.

Other tracks soloed?

Rate on 0?

1 Like

What is in the track? Static, flex, thru Neighbor?

Check start, length…If you have an open bank try a new bank. See if you still have problems. I will search for you, but there are threads here that go through all the possibles when getting no sound on a track. Let me look.
Maybe try google. octatrack track not making sound - Sök på Google

This is my guess as well. I was having the same issue yesterday when two tracks suddenly stopped making sound. The culprit was a hardware controller connected to the OT with correlating note or CC messages that triggered the soloing of tracks…

1 Like

I totally trust you on this. Totally.

But…

Can you select an empty Scene and check, just in case?
:sweat_smile:

Otherwise:

• any MIDI incoming ?
  • do you see this on other Banks as well? Another project?
  • what kind of wave do you see in the audio editor?
  • you say “on several occasions”: can you develop on what you witness exactly?
1 Like

Ahahah yes i already did it :wink:

SRC and all submenus are reset, no MIDI plugged. The track is a Flex and nothing is solo’ed (that one happened to me more than once).
The wave is “normal” in the editor, other banks seem ok.
It happened already on another project but i did not pay too much attention as i did not care so much about the project. That one is a mystery!

I heard there is a new service from @sezare56 who will look at your project for 5€ to find the culprit (thank me later sezera :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

I don’t think you know how much a carpenter is paid hourly in France :wink:

2 Likes

it’s 1€/minute … not too bad.

1 Like

Can you upload your project here?

1 Like

Unfortunately computer’s broken at the moment, i’m writing from an iPad…

What I don’t get is why the sample can’t be previewed from the sound pool or audio editor but it can be cue’d. It’s bizarre.

Another thing to try… Select Preview Without FX in the Personalize menu to eliminate any potential FX issues. It’s worth a shot at least.