A Show of Shows - Superbooth, SFF, NAMM - Spring 23

waiting for Tina? :cool:

I wish.

But instead :

7 Likes

The next products have to be called the Pinta and the Santa Maria

4 Likes

Sonic Labs just posted an interview with Mario from Elektron on a new/forthcoming public beta for Overbridge. Emphasizing new(?) Pro Tools AAX compatibility, multiple simultaneous devices set up, and parameter automation lanes…

17 Likes

Anthony Kiedis would embrace both with the same enthusiasm :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He forgot to mention the Analog Heat at the end there, but they also work with OB.

1 Like

No news from Elektron

Beatwarp from Muse-Ovations

Eight track groovebox sequencer synthesizer, to be on Kickstarter at end of summer.

Uses both ( digital ) synths and samples for sound generation.

Made for live performance, with innovations in the controls and interface.

I’ll leave it to someone else to create a thread for this.

I think this is the web-site for the Nanofader, mentioned in the video, though i am not positive. It is open source / open design.

Since they are entering Kickstarter at end of summer, expect changes and sound design to proceed.

5 Likes

I was hoping this would be a bit more interesting sonically so it could help me get over the way it looks.
Good effort though

2 Likes

Its certainly has the sonic capability, but the most compelling(both pro and con) seems to be the interface.

I don’t know how I feel about the sequencer interface.

Seems like a Octatrack fan fiction

5 Likes

I’m thinking it’s more Vestax Faderboard Fan Fiction.

Also, I genuinely enjoyed how enthusiastic the dude showing it was about everything down to the 3D printed components

6 Likes

Synthfest France starts in a little over three days. New announcements are on the way.

Go ahead and post anything more on NAMM.

5 Likes

Looking forward to it. NAMM felt a bit lackluster, but the Intellijel Cascadia wins for me.

Edit: although I don’t even know if they were at NAMM, or if that was just a NAMM week announcement.

3 Likes

They were not.

2 Likes

There is an interview with Dave Rossum done by Sonic State at NAMM.

3 Likes

Drum Circle two days ago :raised_hands:

1 Like

I put a thread up for the Recursion Studio video synthesizer from Entropy & Sons.

They are going to ship this in June.

1 Like

Naam was totally lackluster for synths I think. I kind of feel sorry for the synth people (nick batt, various synth youtubers) that made the trip down there. I guess they might have had had fun hanging out with each other, but otherwise it seemed like a waste.

3 Likes

I assume for them it’s as much about networking and hanging out as it is the gear, but if they went primarily for the synths, yeah I imagine they’re disappointed.

I think it was a bad move to hold it in April, especially with Superbooth just a few weeks away now. It worked better in January.

2 Likes