A Show of Shows - Superbooth, SFF, NAMM - Spring 23

Put up a thread up for the Yamaha CK product line.

Surprising Elektronauts has ignored it so far. ( Just my posts. )
It’s like a full sized but portable version of the Reface CP and YC plus a lot more ! And it’s pretty reasonable price wise.

The video in the first post on that thread is a Blake Angelos presentation with Nick Batt at NAMM 2023.

1 Like

*ignore

Thanks for that DimensionsTomorrow.

That is a great video from Reverb on the Binson Echorec Magnetic Disk Delay from T-Rex.

They took the cover off on the top so you can see the mechanism, with the magnetic heads and the aluminum with the stainless steel magnetic wire. This thing is a thing of beauty.

No wonder this took them so long to engineer, it is amazing.

1 Like

I wonder how taxing it is on the CPU. Some of their past VSTs were CPU intensive, but sounded really good.

Luckily computers get quicker so it becomes less of a problem over time … if you can afford to upgrade.

1 Like

Maybe you can still find the original 1998 Prosoniq Orange software somewhere. I’m sure that’s a lot easier with the CPU.

1 Like

1V/Oct has put together a new semi-modular polyphonic wavetable system using their module The Centre.

The video is a little rough, but basically OK.

You could do the same by putting the same modules together in your own Eurorack system or get this system already together. Definitely a nice CV controllable way to do polyphonic Eurorack. This has a Euclidean rhythm generator. Custom scala tuning too. A lot here.

1 Like

It looks a little cramped, though. The distance between the knobs would probably irritate me.

1 Like

No one thought to name this the Donner Kebam or similiar?

2 Likes

That’s Euorack in general. Not like the SynTesla IX i posted earlier that is big enough to put your whole hand around each knob.

1 Like
2 Likes

That thing is major ! Industrial ! Thirty dBs of gain did he say.

I am glad to see Sweetwater doing this. Mitch Gallagher like Daniel Fisher knows his stuff, Gallagher perhaps more so with the commercial products. Reverb is doing a good job too. I’d imagine Perfect Circuit is doing something as well, being right there in town.

2 Likes

I want to see a Gallagher/Fisher supergroup!

1 Like

The thing too with Gallagher is he has enough rank in SW, he is also likely doing deals too. That’s the kind of show this is.

1 Like

I remember having that plugin way back when. A friend gave me a CD filled with cracked software and Orange Vocoder was on there. It was awesome.

3 Likes

Some good quality audio of the Binson at the end of this. Sounds cool. I wouldn’t be surprised if this gives a boost to Volante sales as well.

3 Likes

no news from poly effects?

1 Like

I apologise if this has already been posted, I couldn’t find it anywhere. U-He are updating an old-but-great software bundle. U-He are such a class act that you know this is going to be something really good. Such care and attention taken with everything they do.

8 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for posting that. U-He is a treasure. I’ve yet to be disappointed by anything I’ve bought of their’s. So consistent.

Any news from Melbourne Instruments?

Edit : from IG, it seems that there’s no new product from MI. They are only showcasing the NINA.