Anyma Omega Keyboard and Desktop from Aodyo

Aodyo will be at Superbooth 23.

3 Likes

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aodyo-anyma-phi/anyma-omega-polyphonic-physical-modelling-synthesizer/posts/3726341

We have been testing the front panel and made a few adjustments to the user interface of both models, including extra keys we felt useful for the new functions unlocked with the stretch goals (especially for the sequencer). We will soon share it with you.

1 Like

Here they are.

Looks like a very busy panel but the more control the better.

I’m curious about the sequencer because it is now prominent on the front panel. What kind of sequence we will be able to create?

Also anyone remember if there is midi and audio via USB and if audio an input replace a track?

2 Likes

We didn’t hit the USB audio stretch goal.

You can make patches that are audio input only on the Phi so I’m guessing one of the channels could be only audio in if you wanted (or all 4).

No audio over USB (at least for first release but this would be quite a chalenge to manage for us to have both Audio AND Midi over USB device connexion).
The sequencer is a MIDI sequencer so do not expect to record audio on the device.
But for example you would be able to setup a part to process external audio and sequence control changes to have time dependent variations of the processing settings of this part applied to the external audio (or another part used as audio input).

4 Likes

Aodyo is showing at Synthfest France ( SFF ). I am hoping we can peek in on the progress with the two Omega synths.

There is a thread on this show, called the Show of Shows.

3 Likes

Three month shipping delay, because the screens they were going to use are now unavailable. Curious to hear if they’ve already got everything else delivered in sufficient quantity; hopefully. On the bright side, hopefully this means that much more software maturity at launch.

I like the brass module ( on the way ), you can hear a demo here.

5 Likes

It sounds good, I’m just hoping it has a wide playable range as the current Windsyo models are a bit range limited.

Tuba to Dizzy Gillespie !

There has been a lot of back and forth over in this thread trying to pick close replacements for the out of production Nord Modular G2.

It didn’t get listed there at all, but i think it’s the Omega !

The Omega doesn’t have an FM oscillator, and is much stronger with physical modelling, but absolutely not limited to that. But the strength of control of a modularly configurable architecture is quite close in concept. The Omega even matches with the four part multi-timbrality.

CORRECTION : It does have FM, see below.

It also will have the built-in sequencer, and all the on-board controls.

Plus the O will be editable on-screen without having to have an external computer, although that off-board editor will also be available, and likely as good as the one on the Phi.

So i think the Omega is the answer. But don’t tell anyone.

Does anyone think that Aodyo had this in mind at all as a similar product, when they were designing the O ?

2 Likes

Seems like that would be a pretty easy feature to add later at this point, too, if they decide it’s a priority.

1 Like

The Phi has some FM functionality I think, though not presented as an oscillator (as an effect I think ?). I’d be surprised if the same thing was not present in the Omega.

EDIT: On the Phi, it’s an effect module called “FM Operator”

1 Like

Thank you.

You are right and it is listed in the Omega module pdf as well, where i missed it, and had forgotten, it being in the effects section.

That then makes the O an even a better candidate, for replacing the G2.

Hard to say because the Omega is not out yet and it seams that what people love about the Nord is the digital sound (a bit like the MnM).

I actually kind of hope he doesn’t have this sound signature. Physical modeling should be closer to an instrument.

Otherwise, about the modularity and the manual control with sequencer (i still wait to see what is possible there) it makes it a potential amazing machine.
Can’t wait to put my hands on it to find out

1 Like

Will you stop it, please?

1 Like

Is there any manual out yet?

Definitely not, it is still under development. You can surmise many things, from the images of the UI, and the feature list on the Kickstarter page, and that it shares the basic modular layout with the Anyma Phi, times four that is. ( With sixteen voices too. )

There is the pdf list of the modules for the Omega, which is not in stone ( yet ), but pretty solid. Again that’s what is on the Phi.

And hopefully some more information, maybe a loose video or something, from the SFF Show this weekend.

1 Like

Much appreciated, thx!
I was also wondering about the internal sequencer.
Any heads-up about that?

EDIT: Sorry, I found it myself
“Sequencer (on each part): 32 steps sequencer on each part (with or without key transpose), 128 notes polyphonic sequencer, realtime motion sequencer, ratchet, swing and probability settings”

1 Like