A Show of Shows - Superbooth, SFF, NAMM - Spring 23

Synthfest France starts in a little over three days. New announcements are on the way.

Go ahead and post anything more on NAMM.

5 Likes

Looking forward to it. NAMM felt a bit lackluster, but the Intellijel Cascadia wins for me.

Edit: although I don’t even know if they were at NAMM, or if that was just a NAMM week announcement.

3 Likes

They were not.

2 Likes

There is an interview with Dave Rossum done by Sonic State at NAMM.

3 Likes

Drum Circle two days ago :raised_hands:

1 Like

I put a thread up for the Recursion Studio video synthesizer from Entropy & Sons.

They are going to ship this in June.

1 Like

Naam was totally lackluster for synths I think. I kind of feel sorry for the synth people (nick batt, various synth youtubers) that made the trip down there. I guess they might have had had fun hanging out with each other, but otherwise it seemed like a waste.

3 Likes

I assume for them it’s as much about networking and hanging out as it is the gear, but if they went primarily for the synths, yeah I imagine they’re disappointed.

I think it was a bad move to hold it in April, especially with Superbooth just a few weeks away now. It worked better in January.

2 Likes

did anyone see any new class-compliant/USB audio interface multichannel mixers drop (not including those new Yamahas)? something in the Tascam Series XX class?

These are three very different shows, as i wrote earlier. Last year Superbooth tried SOOPERgrail, their guitar show. I’ve not heard about it this year. I don’t think any of the three should be compared. They each do their thing, no shame in that.

1 Like

Sure, but they don’t have all do their thing just weeks apart. And there are plenty of companies that will plan to be at all three. Spread that shit out.

So i knoticed there is a very small Do-It-Yourselfer, showing at SFF. The operation is called Heritage Synths and they will be showing a 70s-ish patching synth that is running on Pure-Data. Looks like a good concept.

“First member of the family”, sounds to me this is intended to be a product someday.

3 Likes

Some chance to that, but there is a lot of show activity this year in general, with a relaxation on face to face meetings. This thread could probably just keep going.

1 Like

This year I had such bad timing. Got invited to NAMM from a company that provides certain components for my synth modules. I’ve never actually been asked before. (Was asked to go to NAB a few times.) I have a trip too close, so can’t go :frowning:

Seems like it would be a good year though. Lots of cool new things.

5 Likes

Pretty sure there was another. I will remember if someone else doesn’t.

Also related and not mentioned was the IK Multimedia AXE audio interface, and also that high end 128 connection, 64 x 64 analog switch device, by a Canadian company. I can recall the name if anyone cares. ADDED : Flock Audio PATCH VT.

ADDED BTW : I’ve seen it being suggested the Axe I/O One is a best in show. It’s more a guitar sort of show so maybe.

3 Likes

Neumann has there first audio interface, and it is premium. The MT48.

Pretty sure there is at least one more.

1 Like

Reminds me of my merging Anubis. I’m sure it’s the same guts inside

2 Likes

I looked at it very closely and it looks exactly like the Anubis. I think you are right, probably exactly the same with a different color and logo. Marketing is so weird.

2 Likes

NAMM’s a industry event, it’s where a lot of the distribution & store deals for the year are made, where as SB is a public focused convention, so one doesn’t affect the other.

NAMM’s been slowly dying for years as music store chains collapse & manufacturers realise direct distribution ramps their income & digital launches at random points gain more attention, to the point where a lot of larger guitar brands don’t attend NAMM anymore.

3 Likes