1010music nanobox lemondrop : new granular synth

13 Likes

Demos pls : )

Coming soon:

2 Likes

So Cute! I think they have missed the price point (for me at least) at 449€ (MSRP)…you can get a lot if synth for that nowadays…I was expecting more like 199E

17 Likes

ÂŁ378 on dv247

What a nice little device, I always liked granular synth. But you can discuss about the color. And €456,50 is too much for what you get.

3 Likes

Very nice, but the price tag is almost at the Blackbox level.

Curious about the engine differences. Now the BB has 2 LFO, however their selection of targets is a bit strange. For example, envelope attack & decay times. It can add some movement to “keyboard” type of instruments, but in granular context is not very useful (don’t remember exactly which are currently targets available in latest OS)

1 Like

The way I look at it is the price might seem high, and for similar money you can get two microgranny units but miss two voices, basically no effects apart from bitcrush, less envelopes, no LFOs, no modulation… and all in a smaller package.

If it does real-time granular mangling on incoming audio then fantastic.

We will see in a few hours…

1 Like

Microgranny is fun, but it’s too crude and the most pain is the file management. It kills all the inspiration.

4 Likes

I don’t mind the flat file system and weird naming, it is less painful to me than the op-z. The bigger issue is only 6 presets of 6 sounds but you can store hundreds of sound files; seems like disconnected thinking.

The sound is cruuuuude! Perhaps too crude for many setups including my own. If Bastl made a full granular groovebox I would buy that though.

3 Likes

Color causes tooth pain

5 Likes

I don’t mind the color, but if going with bright yellow why label everything in white? Looks… unreadable. Maybe it’s different in person, though.

2 Likes

Seems like it’ll b black labeling… that pic with white is just to increase the tooth pain of their site viewers

2 Likes

Actually it looks like they are LED-backlit buttons.

2 Likes

Some years ago played two live shows which were both without a laptop. Combo of MG + kaospad mini was a wonder.

This new thing has very few performance controls unfortunately…

2 Likes

https://news.dayfr.com/technology/245960.html

11 Likes

I love love love desktop effects boxes and have a soft-spot for XY pads so I’m most interested in the Lemon Drop.

'‘WAV files can be saved to a microSD card’. Yes please.

An polyphonic synth as well, sounds intriguing.

2 Likes

I spy USB-C. Audio over midi hopefully? Audio interface capabilities?

I’ve always thought that 5 voices is the perfect polyphony and I never understand why they keep the number in 4. The same with MicroFreak for example.

Is there too much difference in CPU usage?

4 Likes

@Claid I’m pretty psyched about the lemon drop too. I currently don’t have any performative multi-effects units (unless you consider a Norns Shield one). I was actually considering buying one of the newer mini kp’s recently but this looks like a step up from that. Two Lfos and a modulation sequencer that’s midi-controllable is an instant sell for me.

I’m curious about its audio capabilities though, specifically whether or not it’ll be able to sample sound with the granulator effect, or if it relies on loading wav files. I guess we’ll know tomorrow…