Love to the thin, compact & small desktop units <3

For the uninitiated it is possible to do? Do you need a lot of material?
He is from hell !!! (Edit: it’s expensive in kit!)

Here’s a series of build videos. I would not attempt it with no soldering experience, but if you’ve ever soldered surface-mount parts before you should be fine.

2 Likes

9 Likes

That is beautiful.

alright, this thread misses one very special machine. it’s not for everyone, but whatever.

9 Likes

Doubt anyone missed them … but for completeness, adding lemondrop and fireball to this compilation

I am obsessed with compact devices too. For example the tanzmaus, which I ended up selling because it requires a mixer, or full dominion of an OT.

Btw - people dis the Tetra UI but it works great with OT’s midi-learn. Actually it pairs phenomenonally with the OT… as do many things I guess.

HOW IS THERE NO NORNS SHEILD?!

also Samples / Cycles totally fits here too

3 Likes

My desktop unit is 6mm in height, has a touchscreen interface, is loaded with over 120+ soft synths to run alongside other gear (FM, Additive, Subtractive, Sample Based, and others), has 200+ onboard FX in all imaginable varieties to affect other gears signal in real time or post recording, has multiple samplers, loopers, 50+ drum machines, can create and run midi files, run Euclidian and similar midi generators and sequencers, can record, arrange, and edit the audio, can transfer audio stems to my DAW and other gear, sync my Gear with my DAW and other hardware, browse the Elektronauts forum, play Spotify/SoundCloud/Bandcamp and other music services for inspiration, runs on battery or mains power, and can look up dinner recipes when I need a break from synthesizing among other tasks.

2 Likes

1010 Music Bluebox mixer with Make Noise 0-coast/0-ctrl and Moog DFAM work well for me.

polyend’s medusa is nOiCe and sleek

Massive footprint tho :slight_smile:

1 Like

Didn’t see op-z get a mention which is a nice pair with MM2. Proper portable.

Looking forward to that green module to tidy it all up…

Current hotel setup:

9 Likes

Here’s a nice video with those 2:

6 Likes

3 Likes

Current faves:
Roland MC-101
Korg Electribe 2s/hactribe/e2s
Korg SQ64
Korg Monotribe

3 Likes

Blink and you’ll miss it

Blackbox

And the modern hang for all the essentials,
Air

3 Likes

Can the SQ64 handle (sequence) pattern changes for the DT DN ST family?

1 Like

iPad ?

2 Likes

I guess this belongs here

8 Likes