1010music Bluebox

Youā€™re in trouble then, mate. I can tell you that much already without telling you a thing yet.

1 Like

No, Jiffyā€™s not in trouble. Itā€™s just a matter of interpretation. ā€˜NGNYā€™ is actually ā€™No Gear Next Yearā€™.

Cue up your online music retailer of choice and prepare to launch.

2 Likes

Now that the red and yellow boxes have been introduced, hopefully we will see that new firmware release that was eluded too in the 1010music forum.

2 Likes

Nope @circuitghost is right, Iā€™m in a bit of trouble. Still waiting for tomorrowā€™s roll out, but these look like a lot of fun on paper. NewGearNowYESSSSS!

1 Like

:heart:

1 Like

Please chat about the new colors in the threads bellow :pray:

:red_square: 1010music nanobox fireball : new wavetable synth
:yellow_square: 1010music nanobox lemondrop : new granular synth

2 Likes

Thanks! Sounds promising.

Uh, damnā€¦maybe the fairy dust sprinkles are stuck in customs and they donā€™t want to send it back without sprinkling it. :slight_smile:

Is it possible to mute an output rather than a track or input? Iā€™ve got out 2 connected to an old analog delay, and Iā€™d like to be able to mute out 2 and I mute it for dub effects, but it doesnā€™t seem to want to MIDI learn. Any suggestions?

PS Iā€™m talking about muting outputs as covered on p53 of the manual.

For some reason all of the ā€˜File createdā€™ dates for my recordings read as January 1970 (at least on my Mac when I plug in my SD Card). Anyone else find this? Is there a fix?

Same here. Bluebox doesnā€™t have an internal battery (as far as I know) so when powered on its back to initial unix time. No fix.

Doing lots of live jams and what Iā€™m definitely missing a lot is sidechaining. And simple solo/PFL. And logarithmic fadersā€¦ sometimes Iā€™m asking myself if theyā€™re even using their own product.

5 Likes

Can the time be set?

Nope.

Iā€™d not found it but it would be soooooo darned helpful to have a time/date stamp on recordingsā€¦even if we had to put in correct info after power cycle. DId I so soooooooooooo?

I name each project with the date.

4 Likes

Ah, interesting points, thx. Sidechaining would be great yeah, itā€™s everywhere in music, especially electronic music, yet most manufacturers donā€™t seem to see the need to implement it in their gear.

What do you mean with easy solo/pfl? Mixer mode seems to have a solo function, for pfl the cue has to be turned up and cue mix can be set pre fader - not as easy as hitting a button on an analog mixer or dj mixer, but the functionality seems to be there.

I have two use-cases for phone monitoring: 1. hearing the sum of my signals and 2. pre-listening to a signal before I add it to the mix.

In order to hear a single channel on my phones, I need to set the cue to custom+pre-fader and all cue faders to 0 except for the one I want to hear. (Solo+mute isnā€™t working since solo overwrites mute so itā€™s affecting the main sum) When I want to monitor my sum again, I have to change the cue setting back again. Yes the functionality is there but itā€™s not simple.

1 Like

Guys, am I being stupid or I cant plug two synths into one input and hear them both in both speakers as mono devices?

Now if I do that, I hear one in left, another in right

Have you set each input as its own track or are both inputs on one stereo track?

Hm seems I didnt figure out how to do that. I either make 5R + 5L lit and then I hear one in left, another in right. Or I set one of them lit (either 5L or 5R) and hear one in mono, and another is silent

I need to read manual once again to see how to bind one physical input onto two virtual tracks, right?