Elektronauts Forum Censorship

I think what some are missing here is that the mods are NOT ELEKTRON EMPLOYEES! They’re volunteering for the greater good and it’s got to be a thankless task. They’re just as much in the dark as the rest of us. When posts are removed, it’s only because the mods are following Elektron’s rules and responding to posts that don’t fall within the guidelines that are flagged by users! They’re the least to blame in this situation if you think there’s blame to be placed.

A little closer observation may reveal that they’re all really good people. Also, I’m certain I’ve read posts from each at one point or another that were critical of some aspect of Elektron or their products as well. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with criticism - Elektron needs it, it’s amply clear - just figure out a way to post within the guidelines and not piss off your fellow forum members. It’s pretty simple, but this’ll always go around and again…

9 Likes

Were @Prints memes offensive? I thought they were light humoured and about as inoffensive as you can get. They weren’t negative, they weren’t rude, they weren’t directed at anyone in particular. Surely he was just lightening up a fairly non-constructive thread.

6 Likes

That’s the thing - forum members can flag a post, and if enough people do that then the post contents will be subdued without any mod intervention. (Unless I am mistaken - mods please correct me if I’m wrong)

3 Likes

no correction required !

1 Like

detail_mod_love_blue

1 Like

Sorry, maybe that should have been here Did Elektronauts became "british" these days?! :-D

Answers on a postcard…

2 Likes

It is clearly a vast conspiracy to screw over early adopters…deep state…blah blah…lizard people…I am making a new tin foil hat for the occasion! Help help! Im being repressed! Its the violence inherent in the system!

1 Like

Strange mods living in forums distributing flags in no basis for a system of speech!

1 Like

EA83E2E6-1198-4FBD-9A68-15A553A6405A

4 Likes

Some one gets it trollface.gif

Just out of interest, what was that specific?

Without knowing what was said, the power of consumer, is the option to not buy/boycott a company.
My personal experience with this forum were pretty good. Elektron did communicate the issue with the DT and the ongoing updates. Of course they need new products too, otherwise they wouldn’t have money to pay the programmer of the updates for products that already was sold.

When complexity increases, possibilities for bugs and defects increases exponentially.

1 Like

the way this board self moderates is a brilliant thing, three users flag a post and it gets hidden. the majority of the post i have seen modded get this treatment so its quite clear that the community has an issue with something. the other for of moderation i’ve seen used is when sections of threads get cut due to the issues of name calling, insulting, etc. sometimes when this happens there is a bit of collateral damage.

but this mean that the board functions on a “lowest common denominator” type atmosphere. even though some of you have thick skin, open minds etc that is not shared by all. its important to keep that in mind.

i flag stuff all the time. there’s nothing more annoying that opening the board and thinking some meaningful discussion has been going on only to see its just a bunch of nonsense name calling. sorry, not sorry in that regard.

3 Likes

E8412412-32BE-497B-ACFD-E36B3F85A1B3

3 Likes

This forum is almost polite to the point of being creepy…tbf

7 Likes

Plz censur my cake633E2E4E-DF38-41D6-89FB-A3E0660C7731

It can be. But only as long as you have the right opinion. That’s the point here.

The thing I like most about Elektronauts is that it isn’t like Gearslutz. Some of you sound like you’re so upset that this place isn’t like Gearslutz.

If you haven’t heard of Gearslutz, go there, and make it your home. You’ll love being able to complain incessantly about new gear to your heart’s content without the “intrusive” hand of decency keeping you in check.

4 Likes

I do not always agree with moderation and locking threads - it can feel a bit “big brother” sometimes However I also realise that the mods do all this work for free, they are only human, and sometimes they correctly or incorrectly shut a thread down before it gets out of hand.

Also, I have no interest in reading ad hominem attacks, bickering or any of that BS, so moderation is needed to clear all that crap up.

Hats off to the mods, 95% of the time they get it about right I think, and that is pretty darn good!

Criticism of Elektron is not really censored as far as I can see, none of my posts of this nature have been removed and I see plenty of Elektron criticism from other users too.

10 Likes

I absolutely refuse to take this thread seriously. But carry on. Ive had my laughs.

1 Like

well i don’t take this whole forum serious. that’s why I am saying it’s lame.