Elektronauts Forum Censorship

Well, there you go. It took 3.

2 Likes

You’re probably wasting your time. When someone feels like it’s their turf, only a moderator can bring them to their senses.

There seems to be two communities on elektronauts: one is a laid back, hobbyist who enjoys the machines, has expectations, doesn’t get too annoyed if they don’t arrive anywhere near schedule and gets along - the other is a professional user who depends on the machines, their specs and their announced deliverables critically to support their career plans and performance requirements.

I can understand why some people are far more upset than I am about missing functionality.

“Censorship is bad!”

… unless it’s a Star Wars meme that hurts my feelings :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

It’s a shame one can’t up vote flagged posts to get around the “hidden content” feature.

2 Likes

delete

double click

1 Like

This forum software is nice but it really needs an “ignore user” button. This would remove the temptation to tell someone what you think of them!

1 Like

As apparently one of the guy provoking the pause, i have to say i admit to have been borderline. Im sorry for that. Even if i dont consider having insulted anyone, it was borderline, so i can understand. I believe mod good people.

3 Likes

And now for something completely different. Cornish acid.

1 Like

That displays the message but it doesn’t counter the flag as if a voting system were in place, yes?

Groan. Another pile of pretentious and ignorant garbage by Vice… In the article they even refer to Aphex Twin as “they”…

1 Like

Why wouldn’t I feel victimized? You came on to this thread, said you had no interest in it, then came right back in and called all those who are participating “all-star” trolls. I’m not a “troll” far from it, and I don’t think anyone in here is one either.

1 Like

I think the people making bank playing with these boxes is sub 1% let’s be realistic. And I think that the 0.5% making money don’t rely solely on a digitakt. I’m not trying to be a dick, I just don’t think it’s true to say that is how this community is divided

7 Likes

There are also a significant subset of professionals that don’t bet their entire livelihood on a v1.0 device, so there is that too.

5 Likes

Yeah. I honestly can’t imagine any pro complaining as they’re actually busy making music.

(But I actually do remember a big name complaining about the DT on here awhile back)

2 Likes

I appreciate the kind words.

Problem with internet is that some hide behind a mask and get totally uninhibited by the anonymity. Acting disrespectfully behind a screen is all too common on the web.
For instance, the user whose posts were entirely deleted was a very nasty user returning again and again with no other goal that to harm this place and take some kind of revenge because they had been banned for blatant and repetitive misconduct. You wouldn’t see this in real life. People forget their dignity, sometimes, behind a screen.
I always act as if I’m talking face to face to the people, either as a user or as a mod.

We’ve been mods for almost two years now, I believe.
I do believe we have at heart to make this place as respectful as possible. And the distance needed to judge facts with equity.
We talk a lot when we are not sure which way to go.
We always try to find the right balance, it’s sometimes something hard to do.
Think of Digitone launch, for instance, with 50 posts a minute… There are times when closing a thread is necessary for everyone, I believe. I hate censorship and expression like “the greater good”. I prefer to find alternate ways, take the time to bring people back.
What really makes my day is when I see a user that was very cynic become helpful and open-minded.

That’s how I like this community. Open-minded, helpful, positive, constructive.
In my opinion, cynicism only harm the atmosphere. And playing smart feels so immature…
Sensitivity to the others and being true to oneself is a braver path IMO. Qualities required for expressing oneself as an artist, as a human.

Please help us make this little place of the internet a little bit more welcoming for everyone…
I send you all my love.

29 Likes

Michel Legrand or Fedde Le Grand? They’re both knocking around here somewhere. Especially Michel, he’s deep down the techno rabbit hole these days!

:heart: best post on the 14th by a long way … ain’t no lie

5 Likes

Will you be my valentine, @avantronica? :elan::heart:

3 Likes