Digitakt Unofficial Guide

I think it depends ‘where’ you are when pressing the key combination.
If you are in grid mode, it clears the sequence (of trigs).
If you are not in grid mode, it seems to clear all sequences in the pattern and not the sounds (as you have pointed out).

From the manual:
“[FUNC] + [PLAY] (while in GRID RECORDING mode) clears active track.
[FUNC] + [PLAY] (while in no mode or LIVE RECORDING mode) clears pattern.”

In order to clear the sound from an individual track and return it to init, TRK + Clear seems to do the job.
There’s probably a combination that resets the whole pattern at once, but I’m yet to find it.

2 Likes

Thanks @mightlife. I am not sure if there was a change in the firmware or if I am a bit confused while using different Elektron machines. As on the Digitakt the sounds are included in the pattern I assumed that clearing the pattern would clear the sounds, too. I thought that this has been the case in the past but I am not sure anymore.

Edit: Clearing the sequence is something different than clearing the pattern (sequence and sounds). The manual and the functions on the device are not consistent.

1 Like

I think this is absolutely ridiculous.

The LFO (and the Delay) should just have options for actual musical divisions like 1/4, 1/8. 1/16 etc…

This mathematical tables look up business is just terrible.

5 Likes

Hi @LineOfControl,

That’s no problem. For me the 1/4 or 1/8 doesn’t say anything. I don’t have a musical background. So I was just doing something. And perhaps others have the same like me.

I work in sequences with the steps. So therefor for me it is very nice to know how much steps a single wave cycle takes with the LFO. I also would like to know the same for the Delay.

So maybe it doesn’t suits you, but can others benefit from it.

Have a nice day!

4 Likes

but it doesn’t right? so…

Hey,

2 suggestions for links, which could be imported to your unofficial guide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b24h6Ggw0uo

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/midi-loop-solution-for-unwanted-noises-after-pattern-changes-different-delay-reverb-settings/65993

best regards

1 Like

lol

i just tune it by ear

2 Likes

Bit late to the party, but thanks so much for sharing this trick. What a fantastic slicing workaround for a MPC head like me!!!

1 Like

Hold down [FUNC] key while turning LFO speed, Multiplier also Delay time knobs and values will jump between musical divisions.

21 Likes

Direct pattern change workaround!?
Ok this is very DIY but actually works with a little practice. Pattern 1 is playing and you have already prepared the switch to pattern 2. Before pattern 1 finishes you press the stop and play button like almost simultaniously - but the stop button one milisecond before (two fingers)… and you have made a direct pattern change. :wink:

5 Likes

Yes I hav plans to do something like this in Pure Data, once I get the Digitakt.

In Pure Data I will set up a command that:

1. Stops playback.
  2. Changes to a new pattern.
  3. Starts playback again.

This will happen within a few samples.

No one will ever notices :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I made this one that works in Ableton Live
http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/5136/digichain

5 Likes

For my NordDrum2 I’d need to send LSB/MSB CC values for “Echo BPM” and “Tone Pitch”. Is this possible from the Digitakt? (I think the answer is “no”…)

Man this thread. I still can’t believe how much more open and awesome this community is compared to the Roland and Akai community. Keep em comin!

6 Likes

try this thread

RECORD IN CHAIN MODE-
For those who want to record sequences longer than 64 steps.

Using chain mode you can create a chain using all 16 patterns in a given bank, once you have chained the patterns in the order and number of patterns you want together you can play it back in one of the two record mode’s, either live or stepped record mode and thereby record a single sequence to run up to 1024 total steps.

I’m new to Elektron workflow so I just put this out as a time saver for those with the early questions who don’t know or have all the time in the world to explore what’s not covered in the manual. I’ve had this for a few month’s but I just haven’t really gotten into everything I’m interested in using for lack of time. And this question nagged me since I like performing rather than looping/sequencing per step.

10 Likes

i like to apply that technique but setting the LFO on my hat track to filter depth, and i actually use sine or tri, i find it sounds like a kind of “rising and falling” change in velocity when dialed in correctly.

I think it only works if you set up straight pattterns , once conditional trigs and polyrythms come into it you end up recording over the same steps, some patterns take several loops before the master change is reached.

Yes, It’s in the manual

1 Like

Thanks, I just found it. Should have checked more thoroughly before I posted. :slight_smile: