Some Digitakt newbie questions

Hi guys,

Just got my Digitakt and I absolutely love it. My entire set up now goes Minilogue - SP404SX - Digitakt and it’s perfect for smashing out new tunes with my band.

Couple of questions/features I’m looking for though:

1. is it possible to ‘live record’ with chromatic mode? As in, play a little riff directly onto the sequencer?

2. can the MIDI through work as a second midi out to trigger my SP404?

Not sure if these two things are already possible but if they aren’t then those are the features I would like!

Overall I’m having a blast. This is the set up I’ve always wanted!

Yes. REC + PLAY while in chromatic mode.

1 Like

Amazing, thank you.

That takes me to an ‘unquantised live record’ option. Can you do this with quantisation?

Yes you can. Just turn quantizer on!

Press and hold record and pressing the play button toggles between quantized and free

1 Like

Do yourself a favor and read the manual thoroughly. This is very basic stuff :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I suggest watching this super tutorial by Cuckoo:

3 Likes

So what question is not BASIC in your opinion?

That’s a strange question to ask. A ‘double negative question’ of sorts.

And one that is difficult to find an answer for, unlike the OP’s questions, which could be relatively easily answered by flicking through the manual.
That kind of information is in there, right?

So what kind of infornations are not in the manual?

Another interesting question.
I guess one would find out after having read it :wink:

But there’s an Unofficial Guide thread which might contain some choice cuts.

All information about general functions can be found in the manual. If you’re looking for special tips/ hacks/ and workarounds then you can check out the unofficial guide. The manual is a small 12-15 pages of how to do basically everything on the DT.