Alternative forum?

With the recent snowfall that hit my parts (Beast From the East!) I was actually livid with my two (9 & 6) who couldnt be arsed going out and building snowmen or snow forts and just wanted to play the blooming PS4.

After nagging them for what felt like forever I gave up and did all the fun snow stuff on my own. I had fun anyway haha.

9 Likes

Husc has been formulating a new opinion from this thread alone… I respect everyone’s input as equally valid, but the vice versa applies. If people don’t want to read emotional healing on this thread, they can just not read it…
This isn’t directed at anyone in particular either, but just sayin… :smile:

1 Like
2 Likes

I’m also seeking alternate boards, but not because I want to leave here. I have too little to read these days, on weekdays I manage to ”catch up” all my boards and newsfeeds in an hour or two! :diddly:

Pretty hard to find consistently interesting content online tbh. I suppose my interests are too ’niche’ or something…

1 Like

i often peruse lines, muff, and this, but that’s about it. i’m probably the most active here/lines.

I know what you mean, but I think it’s mostly because we’re basically trained to consume more content than it’s possible to create. I’m trying to stop using forums as much. You realise how frequently your brain requests stimulation when you try to stop. Especially considering for a very long time until now the peak of regular new information was the daily paper. I saw a great video about it the other day. im gonna post it in a new thread, hang on

Edit:How the Internet ruins productivity (by design)

4 Likes

Its not exactly that for me though. I have specific topics of interest (will not go into more detail here) across many areas of life that I just cannot seem to find satisfying info about. I should go to a university or something, but I have too much debt to quit my day job lol

What you can try is to read a book. Its really cheap and works for me most of the time. You dont have to quit your job for this (at least not usually). Books can be found in libraries

6 Likes

Ah okay I thought you meant general regular browsing habits. I do it pretty much unconsciously from repetition. Didn’t really realise until the video but I check my phone literally anytime something becomes mentally challenging or my brain says “boredom”. I mean how bored can I really be standing in a lift for 20 seconds, and 99 out of 100 emails I check is junk but I still pick my phone up every time it buzzes. Trying to break the habit now I’m aware of it. It’s like my brain wants to take the easy way out of actually thinking

2 Likes

The first electronic music forum i was ever involved in is back- https://www.em411.com/

Oh okay. I stopped using a smartphone when I acted like that, it has helped immensely. Besides, dumbphones keep goin and goin, the battery life on these things is insane! :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, I do read books. The hardest part is finding books that do not turn out to be a waste of one’s time, sadly… I mean I find a book that sounds promising, and read the ”free demo pages” of it only to find out that I don’t want to ”continue reading 6,99€” :nyan:

1 Like

True. Thats why libraries are so useful.

1 Like

Reddit is not big, when you subscribe to and hang out in smallish subs. The small subs are also more supportive and positive-minded, so the voting system is not sucky.

As an alternative to an alternative forum you could just stop being a d*** and stay.
At 37 you should have acquired the skill to critically read and evaluate your post before sending it.

“I can’t help trolling/hating”, is the lamest excuse ever.
Grow up and stay!

4 Likes

ou, and #elektron via irc is always a pleasure.

https://www.esper.net/servers.php / #elektron

3 Likes

@ OP, I love Elektronauts- and don’t have a desire to leave, BUT-

-If you find an electronic music forum unified by a #flatearth mindset, please pass that information this way?

Good luck!

3 Likes

+1, I like nauts but if I could find a community that combines my passions I’d have to reconsider my choices. I just want to make beats and praise the reptilian overlords for my ride on this big frisbee

3 Likes

At first, I thought this was a thread about forums to talk about Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Smashing Pumpkins.

5 Likes

We’re in a walled Soundgarden, of Elektron… Haha
(not really, we’re free to talk about other gear, can’t resist a joke though)

1 Like

Ha! I’m usually the one building the snow-structures too! (if we’re even lucky enough to have snow in Seattle, maybe once every 5-7 years) My kids will go out and play in it, maybe throw some snowballs, but when I’m building the igloo they get bored and leave. Lame-Os. :smiley:

1 Like