Yup, the frustration is real

If someone goes outside my apartment right now, they could have a free mint condition OT mk1. Because mine is about to go flying out the window.

On a brand new project, I made track 2 a flex track. I added a clap sample to it. If I hit the right arrow twice and find the clap in the menu and use FUNC + YES to audition it, it sounds like a regular old one shot clap. When I add it to the track and push the trig for track 2 (10 J t2) it claps and then echoes out to infinity. The delay is off. Retrig is off. The lfo is not set to anything to create that, and its a fresh project. Why the hell is it doing that? Anyone know?

4 Likes

sample loop is on ?

9 Likes

Scene active? P-lock?

1 Like

15 Likes

It is? I can’t find loop, normally its right there. Grr

double tap source and turn encoder A hard left

3 Likes

Hahaha

2 Likes

I see it, there it is. Source is called playback on the mk1 lol

3 Likes

ooooh the classic!

Honestly stick with it. Eventually it will be muscle memory, just like how eventually even an RPG item/inventory system will become second nature after enough playing…

Good luck with your project!

5 Likes

Thank you, thats an apt analogy for me too.
:nerd_face:

4 Likes

All your OT frustrations are soothed away with this…

The octatrackers best friend.

3 Likes

Yup, its sitting next to me right now. It’s not well written for reference though, like the index sucks. It needs to be read cover to cover with a highlighter I am in the middle of that process

8 Likes

great resource here too

2 Likes

I dunno, I think its one of the best manuals going. Roland and Korg manuals are woeful. The OT manual is extremely concise.

3 Likes

I agree, some synths don’t even include manuals, just a quick start card. Quick start in the OT manual is like 20 pages long, lol. However, not comparatively, just in terms of pure reference, its hard to find stuff, and that could sort of make your point as well. Its deep and long and involved. But, try looking up delay ctrl in the index, or anything in the FUnC + Down arrow menu. Slices, tracks, etc. They’re not there, so the way to make it a good reference manual is to read it cover to cover and highlight your own spots.
Was not disparaging it in comparison to other companies, just in comparison to my needs. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ha! Yeah! Starting out with the Octatrack it’s impossible to know whether the machine is broken or if the user is dumb.

I had a few of these moments when I first started out :smiley:

5 Likes

If weird shit is happening to your sample clear everything. For instance you can hold the AMP button and press clear and it will reset all the parameters. Do this to everything

8 Likes

Some of them aren’t manuals so much as engrish plan-o-grams. The only way to find anything is with a keyword search on the PDF. The paper version is this impractical single piece of paper that unfolds like an old road map.

2 Likes

Another of the many many cool things that seem super logical, and I didn’t know. Lol
Thanks

But in 99.999% of the cases the user (more or less) quickly finds out it’s him … :smiley:

4 Likes