Yup, the frustration is real

I’ve had my OT2 for two years and didn’t realize you could solo tracks in the mix page by holding cue + hitting trig 1-8. Couldn’t get any of my thru tracks to play audio with scenes off and thought I was losing my mind. Nope, just a track with nothing on it was soloed. Pretty sure something in AUM sent the midi signal to solo it though, which didn’t help with all the confusion…

4 Likes

It’s funny because the old Korg manuals are hard to use for the opposite reason.

I’ve got a Wavestation SR and the manual is about 350 pages in three separate volumes.

1 Like

Lol, yeah, the older korg sound creation stations were like the Stephen King library, and as scary.

2 Likes

In the first months, learning OT is very often debugging a situation where the machine doesn’t do what you want it to do.
Frustration is a part of it I guess…

With patience and some time, you’ll get your own workflow.
And see how rewarding a machine it is.

1 Like

Yeah, I was about to suggest that too. Sometimes a knob LOOKS like it is in default position, but it isn’t, really.

Don’t. OT doesn’t like claps.

3 Likes

No one likes claps, that’s why it’s there.

4 Likes

Once I used a clap (not for me), it was also repeating, and OT gave me an electric shock. Then I had a car crash, fell in the river, rats bit me, then a boat hit me. I never used a clap since.

Noob questions

2 Likes

The clap wasn’t for me. I was asking for a friend.

4 Likes

Very clappy

1 Like

If you’re pressing an encoder to clear a lock, it’s pretty easy to accidentally change the value by 1 or 2 when you release it, too. That’s gotten me more than once.

This catches me on the midi channel selection pretty often. BUT often enough that I know exactly what to check. Trying something new with intention, troubleshooting a problem, it’s all valuable learning.

Digital manual so you can search a term because yeh the printed index is terrible

3 Likes