Your Setups (Part 1)

Im actually using the model 16, it’s recording straight into ableton. I use this to make samples from the synths or samplers and throw those back into a midi track in Ableton, chop em up in renoise or use them for the octatrack. The iconnectivity 10 is underneath the mixer there. :slight_smile: Thank you
I’m really proud of my routing. I can record automations directly from the synths meaning I can see the correct value while recording instead of guessing from the pyramid. I feel like I’m working with a real life plugin because everything is “in a box”

2 Likes

oh, that sounds like a very good idea, especially because I want to buy an octatrack and I am thinking about a clever way to use ableton and octatrack in my workflow… all the best

1 Like

My setup:
1 x Digitone.

14 Likes

Why’d you sell it? It seems like such a loved synth by many. Just curious

Oh haha :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Keep coming back to this. It’s great. Keep it up!

Excellent!

A thread from a year ago or so where sezare56 and I discussed some related things (your space echo in the loop made me think of it):

Stay rad!

1 Like

Or a used minitaur?

Oops just saw the pictures now. Hah you already have one

1 Like

The octatrack is good by itself really. I’ve been making a habit of just doing break beats in the vain of 90z stuff. I sample Audrey Nuna and some french bands. It’s tight. Thanks. Like I said before I feel content with how it’s setup all interconnected.

2 Likes

Microwave hiding down there, nice :slightly_smiling_face:

thanks… and thank you for the audrey nuna tipp… really dig it :+1:

While waiting to have my own house with a dedicated room, here is my installation in the living room. Thanks to my girlfriend and my daughter to allow this :pray: :heart_eyes:

27 Likes

Hahaha ! So much dust in this house and so many moves in recent months (without talking about cats or my daughter’s games … ^^). I try to keep my gear safe :wink:

3 Likes

Red knobs on the a4 mk1 is the way to go

19 Likes

Nice setup! How do you (and anyone reading this who owns one) like the Slim Phatty btw? I look into one off and on but have yet to make the move. Great price point so maybe this year on positive feedback!

1 Like

It was one of my first synth. The build quality is very good, but I did not like the sound. It is similar to the mini taur, that I also had. They sounds ok, but do not compare with the big moog’s. I also have a voyager, so I sold them.
I find dave smith’s small synths sound far better, mopho, tetra, etc sound is very similar if not identical to the big brothers (P08, etc).
In fact I made a complete setup rebuild last few months: better few big synths than many small synths, if this make sense :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah definitely makes sense, I had a mopho and sold it somewhat recently so I agree that a larger synth may be the better way to go.

Thanks for the insights @DaGeek!

How’s the UL MK4 working for you?
I just love mine. So reliable and great sounding. Only thing I absolutely had to do was put some hand cut dimming film on the display.
It would burn a hole into the sun, it’s so bright. Big help since I added that, especially late at night :dark_sunglasses:

Yeah, but you’re rockin it with that mid-century sideboard next to it!

2 Likes

Hi,

I had a minitaur for years as Moog bass source and very liked it. It is a simple and straight forward synth with a great sound IMO :wink: But I sold it few months ago and still don’t know why ! So I looked for another one and found this slim phatty at a good price. It still a simple and straight forward synth and the sound is very punchy, fat and bright (more than minitaur for the brightness). It is also more versatile. The build quality is very good also. I like it a lot and don’t regret the minitaur anymore :wink:

I do like a lot my AS-1 tho !

2 Likes

It replaces an old and trusted UL mk3 and it works great. I use it standalone most of the time but it performs very well when I had Live 10 as aux fx box and recorder. Very happy with it.
The screen doesn’t borrow me as the souncard is very off-center :wink:

1 Like