Your Setups (Part 1)

I demoed the Roland plugin while I was waiting for the TR-06 to arrive and ended up doing the same and paying for the license, like it a lot, it’s a nice halfway house between samples and hardware.

1 Like

I love the elegant design of your setup! You also just gave me a new “need” that I didn’t have lol. 1. Is that an oscilloscope 2. What is the exact name of it as I need one in my life ASAP. :slight_smile:

Do you have it on just the main output or doing else interesting with it like individual outs? I see two so I’m curious!

Just simple use. The left main out from the mixer goes to top, and the right out goes to the bottom.

11 Likes

Thanks for the info! If I get them I’ll send a snap :slight_smile:

1 Like

Such a sick setup, would LOVE to see more pics posted.

3 Likes

Thank you very much !

3 Likes

Agreed! Yet another example of how (at least to me) the way the instruments look sparks inspiration. Rather than more photos though I’d be extremely interested in what you’re making with the setup, @Carmelo_Ponente

3 Likes

I love the ingenuity and thought of creating what you’re after with what you already have. The OT definitely goes a long way toward making that happen! I’m enjoying the jam / recording that you shared, nice use of the lo-fi effect. Cheers.

3 Likes

bit o’ art, bit o’ cable storage

…not feelin how low this Ikea cabinet sits, need to put some beefy casters on it :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Haven’t posted in a while b/c I haven’t owned an Elektron box for a minute. Got the M:S around when they went down to $300 (briefly I’ll say, wow at bang for buck on those!). Then also got a DT which I have to say is easily my favorite Elektron box yet. New setup that has not been wired/routed yet. Need something to elevate/angle the DT still.

10 Likes

Wonderful

1 Like

This is so good!
A very true expression of invention and a great example of what limitations can yield.

1 Like

Did you find a way to make the LCXL send NPRN messages? Or are you sticking with only the functions of the OT that can be controlled via CCs?

1 Like

Thank so much @HisMostDarxxxellent @cold_fashioned

No NPRN messages, I don’t even know what they are :slight_smile:
Sticking with OT CC functions, for each track I have one fader for volume, one for cue level, 3 knobs for EQ and 3 others for overdrive, SRR and BRR

2 Likes

12 Likes

Same gear ive had for a while now, with the octatrack being the latest addition added in March. Off screen there are the synths I’ve owned the longest, korg mini mono and microkorg being the first. I just rerouted everything yesterday so I could finally take advantage of the omni mode on squarp. The newest version of auracle for x series really made it 10x easier to do, the mio 10 was really being wasted there for a sec. But I feel now that I’m using it like a pro.

13 Likes

I spent 4 hours to rearrange my desk, but it was fun as usual.

18 Likes

great setup. do you record with the tascam model 12 or is it for mixing only?..are you satisfied with its mixing functions?

1 Like

Crazy to realize how much this setup changed this past year. Feels really good as a studio setup that can easily be configured into a road case for gigs (minus the Peak of course;)

Kept:

• DT

Sold:

• Subsequent 37
  • Minilogue
  • Deepmind 12
  • Push 2

Bought:

• OT
  • DN
  • Peak
  • TD3
  • Minitaur
  • iConnectivity MioXM
  • Beatstep Pro (will likely sell)
  • Model:Samples (not shown, will likely sell)

The stands are a hacky DIY mashup of random stuff acquired over the years, but it’s kind of cool that it’s relatively ergonomic and made of stuff I had lying around for <100€. One day I’ll get a proper jaspers 2 level though!

• Back row: a keyboard x-stand, some leftover wood, two cheap ikea laptop stands, and another cheap amazon laptop stand angling the Peak forward.
  • Middle row (elektrons): a folding keyboard table, cardboard, cloth
  • Front row (midi controller ‘tray’): used the arms of another cheap laptop stand and clamped them onto the sides of the keyboard table, which holds a wood plank for the controllers. Nice part is that’s quickly stowable if I need more room to sit at my desk to the right :wink: (see below)

15 Likes

Why did you sell the moog subsequent 37? Didn’t like it?

2 Likes