Your Setups (Part 1)

Thanks! Regarding the Eyesy, I think its main strength is that it is 100% plug and play, super stable and reliable. The Python modes that come with it are quite nice and tweakable. I have used the Eyesy once playing live with a good videoprojector and found the result very convincing for the light and easy setup. It is straightforward to tweak and save scenes, and to to put them in the right order for your set with the computer interface. I didn’t try to program any algorithms myself, and I also regret that there is not much exchange on the C&G forum. Overall, the device seems a bit abandoned, with no news or responses from C&G, especially with respect to the openFrameworks/Lua firmware (which has been in beta since the end of 2021). It works well with the Python modes and is nice and stable as it is, but more advanced/3D graphics would of course be a great addition. For jamming, having the Eyesy visuals on the small LED screen is very engaging!

2 Likes

All very interesting, appreciate the writeup. It’s too bad the community hasn’t caught on but I’m glad to hear the original promise of Eyesy as a quick, tweakable video synth is still true and working well.

I dunno, Modular for your feet?

12 Likes

Is that stereo bass or two amp setup? Wild.

I recognize the Shruthi but what are the other two synths above the qwerty?

Edit: Found the Analo9 FX, sweet looking mono synth I’d never seen before! But, please tell me more about the Covert-19?!!!

Haha its actually just a Virus TI Snow that I had previously used for this: I'm building the ultimate portable music box - #47 by TRAINTRACS

I retired the music box and built a new desktop chassis for the Virus, but kept the face plate.

Also it’s hard for me to stress enough how amazing the AnalogFX SER-2020 actually is. It’s a wild synth that deserves way more recognition.

2 Likes

That faceplate is super dope!

2 Likes

Thanks mate. It’s nice to have a bit of the box living on, so to speak.

1 Like

In series, Bi-amped, but…
Taking the DI from both and summing to mono in the mixer. The Amp Out from A goes to the input of B. So the final sound is A+(A+B).
All the fx, except fuzz, are in between A and B.

2 Likes

Interesting. I have the bass rig and will try out plus amp out into the mixer. Cheers

New studio pics!

24 Likes

Beautiful! And the beats that come out of it are goddang exemplary.

1 Like

Some night shots from me-

17 Likes

How you liking the Model 12?

1 Like

Fantastic so far, as a mixer. Have yet to record through it as a DAW interface though.

I think the only things I would add are dedicated external fx returns. And the onboard reverb algorithms could be better. Besides those pretty hard to fault.

1 Like

Excellent! Try the internal multitrack recording yet?

Not yet. Probably won’t need to.

1 Like

Changed it a bit!

1 Like

I’m really enjoying my Rytm, Virus TI2, OB X8 and Digitone combo.

1 Like

Where are you gonna be playin?

1 Like