Your Setups (Part 1)

cable mess always happens jejejejej

21 Likes

We made friends quite early.
Like any relationship, we often have different ideas and need to find creative ways to resolve such differences. The challenges and rewards are well balanced.

1 Like

How are you liking the Key Largo? Been thinking of getting one for gigs.

1 Like

I like it, i mostly use it as monitor control, since I use the 1010music bluebox as my main mixer to mix my instruments level and eq ect,but I send the bluebox outs on the key largo to the front house mix. solid quality build line mixer. has xLR main outputs & aux as a monitor option.especial for gigs on venues that don’t include a side monitor.

2 Likes

Thanks for the beautiful reply. I’m glad you two have a positive relationship - it sounds mutually beneficial. Do you have any recordings of the fruits of the rewards it brings?

Sure.

Both collections are just the Lyra played through various effects.
One exception being Variation 4, in which a little DFAM pulse was introduced for good measure.

Enjoy!

5 Likes

Sounds lush! I was expecting it to be bonkers, like some of the loopop video of it. This is all really nice :ok_hand:

1 Like

9 Likes

Home made acoustic panel from wood pallette filled with rockwool. Super cheap. Yay.

9 Likes

This is my modular until 2024. (Decided to do No new gear for a year, again)

16 Likes

Don’t have a picture 'cause it’s boring, but I bought some nice black InterMetro shelving to store my gear. I thought about going for Jaspers, but this worked out better for the various oddly-sized smaller things I have and was cheaper. It was pretty easy to assemble (having a second person helps a lot) and you can add more shelves or add-ons (hooks, baskets) later.

There is plenty of room for more, but there’s a bunch of great stuff on there already and it’s way easier for me to get at and use. I usually just use one thing at a time and hook it up so I don’t need everything wired up at once. I’m thinking I will do a few more quality-of-life things in the studio this year rather than buying more noisy boxes.

1 Like

What kind of Pbass is that? Headstock shape is a little different. And how do you like it?

It’s by Bass Collection, made in Korea I think. It’s decent I’m not a bass player really. Nice neck, PUs nothing special I may change them.

1 Like

I’ve got a gig on the 14th where I’ll be doing about two hours of semi ambient music and I’ve chosen these three items to get the job done. They are also the only things I’m using for Jamuary until the 15th. It’s been a lot of fun and I can definitely confirm all of the great things people say about the Micromonsta 2. Fuckin thing slaps.

33 Likes

work in progresss

Hifi meets monitors, sub is down below. The sound is supposed to be fun not surgical, I have my adam a7x’s for critical listening:)

28 Likes

Roland boutiques in the office
Fun on work breaks

13 Likes

Hopefully moving somewhere with more space this year, but for now I’m in the middle of the living room with a heavily modified writing desk :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

Nice one Darren, two hours is quite a stint eh, prep and practice all the way, best of luck buddy :slight_smile:
Hope you get a recording and can share with us

I suggest audio+midi cables. and power.

7 Likes

i was wondering why no sound seemed to emerge

9 Likes