Your Setups (Part 1)

yeah I love the price and flexibility. when I bought the two I have, they were $50 (USD) each for a five-shelf unit (18"x36", and about six-foot-high posts). that was over a decade ago, and I’ve worked and re-worked them through countless iterations of my setup, using every type of synth, drum machine, mixer, modular, etc that I can think of. they’re a little pricier now. but for sliding shelves… they’re about $40 per shelf. :tired_face:

1 Like

wow what haha, are you me?

casio pk-1, olympus vn721, korg nts-1, white headphones, etc…

how are you finding the qy70? it was recently recommended to me for midi, but i was turned off of it by the programming nature/workflow…how are you using it, in this setup or otherwise?

i’m you once every jamuary.

i’ve had it since 2000 when i bought it for £60 in GAK. the sale guy pumped some synth bass really loud through the stores PA while tweaking the filter resonance, as a naive 19 year old i was sold.
was about to sell it recently but in the process of opening her up and refurbishing got quite attached again.
it’s pretty great as a comprehensive midi sequencer, and fun as a portable sketchpad, the sounds and preset patterns are wonderfully dated.

1 Like

Everything I need nothing I don’t.

12 Likes

What apps are you using?

This is my recent live (life) setup. Been a lot of fun working this out.

14 Likes

Honestly I’m shuffling thru em; mainly looking for granulators loopers and effects but it’s an amazing box

1 Like

new year, new home, new room, new view, less kit (apart from all the guitar pedals which are hidden in a cupboard) :slight_smile:

35 Likes

Cool!

Curious: How do you use AUM with ableton.

i use AUM mainly to process guitar and other sounds before they go into the octatrack. then everything is recorded to computer via the MOTU sitting under the desk (it’s Pro Tools on the screen BTW, i still sometimes use ableton for sketching ideas but I tend to work more in PT now to capture live performance gestures)
Sometimes i work entirely inside aum (using drambo), it’s so easy to record track stems while messing with ideas annd then i just transfer them to PT for editing .
i think of it like the small desk is for performing and the large desk is for editing/mixing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Aah i see. Thanks!

Yeah that little desk looks very useful

How are you liking the snap-together midi controller?

What is that MIDI controller in the bottom left?

1 Like

it’s the PBF4 and PO16 from intech grid https://intech.studio/

I’m really liking them, programmming is a ‘little’ fiddly if you want to do anything weird/customised (i.e. make encoders fixed range). There are some features which could be reallly useful to some but are a pain for the way i work (e.g. if you move the layout of modules the CC numbers/channels change… ) but brilliant support from the makers

1 Like

are those microphone stands holding the MTMs?

always wanted to put mine on stands since they’re taking valuable space on the desk

Great spot! Especially love how you have the small desk setup - manufacturer on that little one?

one of these - White Mobile Laptop Desk in UK | Home Furniture | VASAGLE

but the castors don’t take the weight of the kit :frowning: need to find some stronger ones i think

1 Like

Yup, the MTMs are on tabletop mic stands. Helps get them up to ear level and saves a little desk space.

1 Like

Current setup.

Sold a few things, put my DigiPair away, and added the A4MkII.

I may add my Digitakt in for percussion, but not sure yet. That part is currently up in the air.

Edit:

Decided I needed the Takt…. :smiley:

18 Likes