Your Setups (Part 1)

one of these - White Mobile Laptop Desk in UK | Home Furniture | VASAGLE

but the castors don’t take the weight of the kit :frowning: need to find some stronger ones i think

1 Like

Yup, the MTMs are on tabletop mic stands. Helps get them up to ear level and saves a little desk space.

1 Like

Current setup.

Sold a few things, put my DigiPair away, and added the A4MkII.

I may add my Digitakt in for percussion, but not sure yet. That part is currently up in the air.

Edit:

Decided I needed the Takt…. :smiley:

18 Likes

Changes done changing.

This is it til at least 2023.

43 Likes

Nice focused setup! Who needs modular, anyway? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

True well I do need to sound great my music rooms at some point once my broken foot heals and I can move around the house better.

Nobody with a Pro2 needs modular gear.

9 Likes

How do you like the BAM?

1 Like

A DFAM would go very nicely with that setup…

4 Likes

Only been playing with it since this morning, but I like it, sounds really nice.

Shut up

14 Likes

I kid, I kid. That does look like a fairly conservative setup compared to your old one. Have you recorded anything with it yet? I really liked the drones you made with the modular.

Also, Polyend Tracker for the Octatrack? How’s that working for you?

1 Like

How can any setup that includes a Lyra-8 be called “conservative”?

1 Like

Did you see his old setup?

1 Like

I kid, I kid. You did say “compared to”, and yes, I’ve been following his equipment ups and downs for nearly a year.

1 Like

Quiet you!

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

My favourite reality show, The Finquipment.

2 Likes

Don’t let the Pro2 fool you with its conventional synth looks, it’s absolutely mental. I’m maybe a distortion stage less than I was with the modular, but this setup can do about 95% of the old one.

Not recorded a lot with it yet, just a couple of Jamuary jams and a little semi drone last month, looky below.

https://youtu.be/WlOntssJt1Q

I’m much happier with the Tracker, to be honest. I’m finding it much more immediate and sampling with it is a piece of piss. That’s not to say I think it’s better than the OT, it’s nowhere near it, but it does what I need it to in a way that works really well with my brain’s needs.

4 Likes

You must want something to do.

2 Likes

I read fast.

1 Like

I’ve kind of been thinking that I’d need a multitrack looper (Polyend Tracker can do this, right?) with true polyphony to make looping seamlessly easier. It’s just so fiddly with the Octatrack. Everything else about it I love, but the pops with every single loop you make just drive me nuts.

1 Like