Your Setups (Part 1)

Some music I made this morning :leafy_green:Double back

25 Likes

Thatā€™s insane. Nice work! Is it normaled to the AKā€™s CV?

no just have cords coming from the cv outs round back

1 Like

My bedroom studio still getting it sorted since it is warmer upstairs in winter and easy way to chill out before crashing for the night. I plan to integrate my Make Noise Shared System modular with my Roland synths, OP-1 and two Elektron boxes for wall of sound and recording.

14 Likes

And setup 2.0:

I swapped the Digitone for a Digitone Keys and gave that to a member of the band. Then I set bought the Rev 2 and a new stand/board. Waiting for a few things to come to square this away, and waiting for Covid to fuck off so we can really start gigging. image|666x500

@catchy1 @Pinkbox
Maybe thatā€™s because people are mostly here to enjoy the machines and have fun, not professionally mix albums.

10 Likes

Thatā€™s a joke thereā€™s no need to take it that way

Negative comments about studio setups always reminds me of this:

Iā€™m not saying people shouldnā€™t have treated rooms etc., but it isnā€™t always necessary to make great sounding music.

22 Likes

Nice set up! Iā€™m a bit late to the game here but ā€“ what kinds of stands are you using for your eurorack and for your row of elektron boxes?

:dog::ok_hand:t4:

1 Like

The Elektrons are in Fraction Industries stands. I donā€™t think theyā€™re made anymore but you may find some on Reverb.com. The euro case is on an acoustic guitar stand.

1 Like

This question is asked so often! I think the topic should be retitled ā€œYour Standsā€.

4 Likes

You think my room treatmentā€™s bad, you should see how I treat my kids.

:drum:

13 Likes

Itā€™s not about making great sounding music, itā€™s about making a cozy environment for your ears as much as you do for the rest of your body :slight_smile:

2 Likes

True well if you record direct to a DAW and have decent monitors that saves the time and cost of expensive sound treatment.

Congrats on the launch of the James Webb Telescope.

10 Likes

Good monitors wonā€™t sound reliably good in an untreated room, no. The rule of thumb is that you should usually spend about the same on monitors and treatment. Of course, if you mix on headphones, then youā€™re fine.

NYE setup. Out in the living room jamming on my laptop while my partner plays with her projector.

13 Likes

currently storing these for someone. repaired the DX11 and itā€™s a beaut, polysix has lots of quirks but works great over its midi mod, the bit99 is nuts, the korg electronic piano is so sweet, the sh1000 is thick. plot twist: i canā€™t play keyboard. set these up for jamuary but will probably just use the MD :face_with_monocle:

13 Likes

Iā€™m loving this new computer (M1Max maxed out). I got it on Wednesday and mainly have been out on the couch working in Ableton (beta/intel), Premier, and After Effects. The performance is smoking my early 2019 i9 MBP, which would at times go black struggling in After Effects and the fans would always fire off like a jet engine. This new MBP has been silent and cool through everything so far. I also opted for the 8tb. Trust me, that wasnā€™t easy but itā€™s priceless to have all the footage and files I need on hand and at faster speeds than the raid drives Iā€™ve been using.

I just got around to integrating it into my setup today and itā€™s working. :sweat_smile:

18 Likes

have you by any chance tried this with a usb c port adapter?