Your Setups (Part 1)

One cannot have too many patchbays. Sadly everyone has such a shortage of them in their studios considering how cheap they are.

1 Like

I’d buy one if there were digital patchbays to route the signal to one or many destinations.

theres plenty of digital patchbays

1 Like

Can you show me some? (maybe let’s make a seperate thread?)

1 Like

Interested too.
The prices look crazy :exploding_head:.

@micabeza Feel free to join!

didnt you sell your A4 for the hydrasynth just recently? don’t think it’s even been 2 months…

That is true… and like I stated here, I actually dont have any negative to say about the Hydrasynth. I’m not getting rid of it because I don’t like Hydrasynth. I’m getting rid of it because I want my set up to go in another direction. I can keep it, but then it would boxed up and I don’t know how I feel about that.

2 Likes

I like how you’re just casually telling this dude to pick up hard to find and expensive sequencers for his problem. You sir, are an enabler.

1 Like

Hydrasynths need to be free, to spread their wings and fly. Or run through open fields and frolic under the sun. Not stuffed away in some dark and cold box. Good on you sir.

3 Likes

Already has been. I’ve seen close to a dozen come and go almost immediately after they were shipped from Soma. Wasn’t even price gouging either, just people not knowing what they were getting and trying to get that fat stack of money back.

If you see patch 45 loaded, you best know what time it is.

2 Likes

Nice

I’m looking forward to see if the pulsar is THE ONE for you

Sounds like Miami Vice at 16.10 onwards. But a really sparkling OT version of it. I think you used a similar chord progression. I really love this bit. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi guys - new here… but I thought I would share my thoughts and a couple of pictures of my setup.

I’m experimenting a lot with the setup - mostly because I like to perform live, and I’m really not that fond of doing studio stuff. So, sequencers, mixers etc. for at small versatile and interesting setup is what I’m going for.

I’m using Renoise as a sequencer/DAW, but I’m getting really tired of the PC-setup. So, I have been looking a lot around for the right hardware sequencer to go DAWless. And just recently, I decided to go with Elektron Model:Samples. And that was really a great choice for me. It’s totally like having a modern version of the old Amiga ProTracker, with all the nice fx and commands right in front of you :slight_smile: - really great work flow and just straight down the tracker ally I come from.

So, I sample some of my synths, track them on the M:S, and use some external drum machines, baseline synths with their own internal step sequencer on the side, for a really nice live setup. At least for me :slight_smile:

It’s a small studio - but I like it :slight_smile:
The kids took all big rooms in the house :upside_down_face:

Also, I did a track on the M:S + TD-3 -> if you are interested: https://youtu.be/w3gwPde6CFU

Well, let me know what you think :slight_smile:

/Martin

25 Likes

What do the kids think of your acid cave

2 Likes

hahaha well, I guess they are used to it, but basically they think I’m a weirdo :grin:

When ever I buy a new “thingy” for my room, they look at me, and say “Here he goes again with another Blip Blop machine…”

5 Likes

Not the most complex of setups, but this was mine last night… a 3000sq/ft warehouse running my Analog Rytm and Analog 4 into a 1k rig with 2x Mach T15 speakers. I’ve been wanting to play at volume for some time now, and it didn’t disappoint. :+1:

51 Likes

I have the same thing with the constant arrival of different cables!

2 Likes

Nice red/green Electribe combo. I should get mine out of their boxes. Keep thinking I should sell them already but can’t bring myself to do it.

1 Like

hahaha well you’re not wrong! I definitely am an enabler… :rofl:

but in this case I was actually just being snarky that someone could solve what they perceive to be a problem (which I disagreed that it actually was) by just throwing a bunch of money at it.

1 Like