A4 MKII with Rytm MKII

hello everyone,
maybe someone here has a good tip, which runs a similar setup.

after many years of back and forth with the purchase of synthesizers, i finally decided to stay minimalist, but with many possibilities of the >>analog<< sound.
it’s ok to throw in a vst for more polyphony when it comes to pads that wobble in the top end. Although I wouldn’t mind another analog synth that is very good for pads.

anyway… the setup consists of a rytm mk2, A4 MK2 and eventide space. I’m pretty sure with the space that it is well connected via the A4 and then controlled with the ext, which is really powerful because you can design steps to suit.

So it’s a question of how would you use the rytm constructively with the A4 - not to forget that rytm mk2 can sample, which makes it all that much more interesting when it comes to sound shaping and possibilities.
how would you lay the cables etc.?

It’s going to be hard for anyone to properly answer you without knowing what you are trying to achieve musically.

But, I’ve ran/run a similar setup myself, I really like the AR/A4 combo. If you want to keep it minimal, I would run the A4 into the AR so you can use the AR’s compressor across them both.

When I’ve added in a synth for poly duties, the Novation Peak was my default… it always compliments the sound of the Elektrons.

Here’s mine:

2 Likes

you have a pretty cool location at the start. I’ve had the novation peak on my mind for a long time, but I’ve always been a bit reluctant because of the digital OSCs. so i don’t want to spend more money, which is also possible in the DAW, i have had to gain a lot of experience. but maybe the peak is something special after all.

the idea of ​​playing the A4 through the rytm is good, but the space shouldn’t be compressed. i would describe my sound as technoid electronic music.

In my opinion, digital oscillators have gotten so good that it doesn’t really matter if they’re analog or not. The most important part of shaping a sound with ~character~ is all in the filter, which is analog in the Peak!

3 Likes