Your Setups (Part 1)

Can’t have them about, they’re too delicious.

2 Likes

Ah of course, the miniature humans.

1 Like

They were a gift from my wife, she made me put them there.

I’m fully aware I’m becoming the very stereotype I use to laugh at. It’s important that you continue to mock me, otherwise I’ll go fully off the deep end and start doing overhead jam videos full of 80’s action figures and awesome fonts.

I’ll pay your airfare to fly over here and kick the shit out of me if I start doing that.

9 Likes

:rofl:

Brilliant. And sure, I’ll come over there and belt the blood out of you. Happy to help. Im a caring and sharing sort of person.

1 Like

What hashtags are you planning to use with that setup?

Easy once you start raking up the followers.

3 Likes

This is exactly the amount of piss taking I was hoping for.

4 Likes

Happy to help.

Rick is watching.

1 Like

Once you’ve finished braiding your neck beard…

That’s a fine selection of noise gear sir, you have taste.

2 Likes

Back to learning the OT now, I’ve run out of diversions (and money).

3 Likes

My new compact(ish) setup for upcoming jams:

23 Likes

Your bike does not appear to be a fixed-gear though, so deduct about 11 hipster points.

Nothing wrong with Rick & Morty - Tiny Rick!!!

1 Like

Not fixed gear, but singlespeed, so proto-hipster, kinda, but with massive knees.

2 Likes

As your modular synth grows, you bike simplifies. Old japanese saying.

7 Likes

Well I did sell one of my bikes to fund my Analog Heat, so your proverb checks out. I don’t think that bike could get much simpler, though, there’s not a lot to it.

Soon you will have a wall of modular and a unicycle.

5 Likes

That has to be the hipster equivalent of reaching nirvana, surely.

3 Likes

Hare om, obvi

1 Like

We can all hope.

1 Like

No new gear but I dug out some “oddities” from storage for studio decor.

7 Likes

TL;Dr should I follow my heart or my mind?

I’m posting this because i wanted to trade some thoughts with you fine folk of Elektronauts…

This is my set up, I have a cpl of handheld devices and three stationary (I view the eurorack as one) behind the stationary devices I have a small patchbay for easy audio routing.

I see myself as a hobby artist and not a hobby producer, the reason I make this distinction is because I want devices (instruments) where I can express myself and not the other way around.

The only reason I am doing all of this is for my self gratification, to try and dampen a constantly looming exhaustion syndrome (yes I am in therapy for it, learning tools to combatant it, synths and music being one of those tools). In other words I am not making music to advance a career I am perfectly fine with being unheard and unappreciated.

The odd reason for me typing this, is that I am seriously thinking about getting a Pulsar 23. The “problem” is that I don’t really have space for it (as you might see) plus’s I have a strict one in one out rule, I don’t want more then three stationary devices because I get anxious about using them or not using them.

So this leads me to the Hydrasynth, it’s a fantastic synth I actually have nothing negative to say about it, but it doesn’t have IT. You know how you might meet a person that would be a perfect SO for you on paper, but the spark is just not there. Instead you ended up with a flaming pile of turds of a person and you are perfectly imperfect for each other. The Hydrasynth is that perfect person, but the spark isn’t there. It’s great and I don’t need to sell it to fund my Pulsar it’s just that I do not want more synths I want THE synth.

In my set up I would obviously loose Polyphony and have yet ANOTHER drummachine/groovebox. And that is really my only reservation. And here is where I dart back to the whole producer/artist thing. I’m not a producer looking to have a set up which is super flexible, i am an artist and I want to express myself through lewd frequencies.

What do you lot think? Should I follow my heart and sell Hydrasynth and buy Pulsar or should I follow my mind and keep my set up as it is?

Thank you for letting me regurgitate my thought process :laughing:.

13 Likes