Your Setups (Part 1)

Already has been. I’ve seen close to a dozen come and go almost immediately after they were shipped from Soma. Wasn’t even price gouging either, just people not knowing what they were getting and trying to get that fat stack of money back.

If you see patch 45 loaded, you best know what time it is.

2 Likes

Nice

I’m looking forward to see if the pulsar is THE ONE for you

Sounds like Miami Vice at 16.10 onwards. But a really sparkling OT version of it. I think you used a similar chord progression. I really love this bit. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi guys - new here… but I thought I would share my thoughts and a couple of pictures of my setup.

I’m experimenting a lot with the setup - mostly because I like to perform live, and I’m really not that fond of doing studio stuff. So, sequencers, mixers etc. for at small versatile and interesting setup is what I’m going for.

I’m using Renoise as a sequencer/DAW, but I’m getting really tired of the PC-setup. So, I have been looking a lot around for the right hardware sequencer to go DAWless. And just recently, I decided to go with Elektron Model:Samples. And that was really a great choice for me. It’s totally like having a modern version of the old Amiga ProTracker, with all the nice fx and commands right in front of you :slight_smile: - really great work flow and just straight down the tracker ally I come from.

So, I sample some of my synths, track them on the M:S, and use some external drum machines, baseline synths with their own internal step sequencer on the side, for a really nice live setup. At least for me :slight_smile:

It’s a small studio - but I like it :slight_smile:
The kids took all big rooms in the house :upside_down_face:

Also, I did a track on the M:S + TD-3 -> if you are interested: https://youtu.be/w3gwPde6CFU

Well, let me know what you think :slight_smile:

/Martin

25 Likes

What do the kids think of your acid cave

2 Likes

hahaha well, I guess they are used to it, but basically they think I’m a weirdo :grin:

When ever I buy a new “thingy” for my room, they look at me, and say “Here he goes again with another Blip Blop machine…”

5 Likes

Not the most complex of setups, but this was mine last night… a 3000sq/ft warehouse running my Analog Rytm and Analog 4 into a 1k rig with 2x Mach T15 speakers. I’ve been wanting to play at volume for some time now, and it didn’t disappoint. :+1:

51 Likes

I have the same thing with the constant arrival of different cables!

2 Likes

Nice red/green Electribe combo. I should get mine out of their boxes. Keep thinking I should sell them already but can’t bring myself to do it.

1 Like

hahaha well you’re not wrong! I definitely am an enabler… :rofl:

but in this case I was actually just being snarky that someone could solve what they perceive to be a problem (which I disagreed that it actually was) by just throwing a bunch of money at it.

1 Like

About throwing a bunch of money, I’m more and more mesmerized by the idea of a small setup, simply made by a keystep pro driving a vermona drm1 and a perfourmer.
But I will not do it… I swear that never will do it!
GAS will not prevail!!! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

No need to sell something you like :wink:

“Sounds super-fun. Any recordings of this setup?”…

… as promised, here’s a link to my first song with Digitone, Analog Four and Polyend Tracker

2 Likes

Playing Playmobil … and setting up Bitwig as a midi slave to OT with the ES-9. Works.

Next up, remove setup from dining table again and reinstall in the office and remove all clutter. Play more playmobil and cook diner… Sundays FTW. :relieved:

9 Likes

Nice! That was an enjoyable journey! Keep it up.

1 Like

Nice! How’d you do the slanted shelves?

Flip those upside down, cut the long stick so it ends by the slope. Voila, you can now mount any shelve.

6 Likes

My 2nd night in the warehouse… expanded my setup to include my Novation Peak and the Keystep Pro along with the Analog Rytm and Four. (Mixer duties are from a Behri which is just a line mixer).

Playing loud with this setup is a massive learning experience, it’s the first time I’ve done this and I absolutely love it:… it’s so versatile, it covers everything… I’m having to force myself to stick to the (musical style/vibe) plan.

The only other piece I might add to this set up is the Octatrack, to use mainly as a mixer/resampler.

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand::v::v:

40 Likes

Looks amazing, are those guitar boxes?

Might be… :eyes: (yep)

1 Like