Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Dude that is seriously tight!

All of this is gone.

:frowning_face:

1 Like

I know that too well… Are you looking to upgrade on gear?

No. I have nothing left. I found out my wife was having an affair, I left her and asked for a divorce. I needed to set up a new home for my daughter and me so all of the gear had to go to help fund it all (and to cover legal costs).

8 Likes

Damn man, that sucks…

3 Likes

Oh wow, that’s rough… Really sorry to hear about that. Hopefully things go well with you and your daughter.

7 Likes

Thanks so much to everyone for interest in this project- its kind of a leap of faith
In September we are expecting our second boy, and the previous man-cave is now becoming a boy-cave. Consequently I need an extremely portable and easy-to-set-up rig

Octatrack - mixer, stereo sample playback/backing tracks, fx and live remixing. Drum Stems.
Rytm - bass (primarily) using SCWs and dual VCO tracks
Virus - leads and pads
OT sequences the virus

OT Tracks 1-4 stereo stems incl drums, fx, pads and leads sampled from my other hardware (digitone, AH, A4) etc
OT midi sequences the virus
Track 5 is reverb (virus) return - sent from each track using cue output
Track 6 is audio input from rytm and virus output 2 (feeds into rytm for compressor)
Track 7 is for live resampling
Track 8 master (filter and bitcrush)
Final stage is the xpressor - I used as a bus compressor and limiter (using the “fast” function) [plus adds some analog warmth

Inside the box is a powerboard and power conditioner. I have USB cables coming out the side so I can use Overbridge at home. I am still setting up the desk and will post more photos soon!

11 Likes

Sending good vibes your way man. Hope you and your daughter are doing well.

9 Likes

That’s a good call man!

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but don’t worry you’ll be up and running is synthland again in no time! :sunglasses:

You could go all Behringer in not so distant future because they seem to be cloning everything and their mothers… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Congrats on the incoming addition to the family! I wish I had the time / forethought / guts to put a box like that together when our second was due. It’s a great idea, the ultra-portability will pay off, big time. I’ve managed to pare down my setup to just a few boxes, which has allowed me to be productive in the short windows of time I get to jam out, but that box is next level! Do you have any sound examples of it in action?

1 Like

that’s awesome.

1 Like

Nice touch with the xpressor. This set up may be compact but exudes quality.

Any info or pics on fitting it together would be much appreciated . As a family
man myself I’m drawn to this re mobile set up. My satellite studio gets the most use now lol (MacBook air , headphones Ableton Live ) …

ok I will see what I can do…

1 Like

9 Likes

battery powered setup gives me with A4 4 hours fun - AH and OT go up to appr. 8 hours :smiley:
(AR is not in use for the moment)

A4 into CD
AH via CUE out into AB

20 Likes

Nice! What battery pack are you using for this setup?

1 Like

battery packs - plural :slight_smile:

for Elektron boxes:

for Zoom H6:

the DC 2.5mm to 2.1mm cables:

here a detailed look with specialiced velcro fastener (hope this word is correct) :smiley:

7 Likes

Brutal but better to find out and move on then treading water. Keep the head up and take care of you so you can take care of your daughter. Best of luck my friend.

4 Likes

I have that same case and mounted a piece of ply in top part, but like your install of OT, etc much better.

I have veer’d toward a flat case for a battery power setup, but what to do with the 10 over 6 case :hmm:

1 Like

My Setup right now.
Digitone goes into TR8-S Ext. in for Sidechaining,
TR8S out goes into AH.

The small eurorack-case: Micro sequencer by Pittsburgh, triggered by the TR8S Trigger out.
It sends CV and Gate to The SE Tonestar8106, i also have a Warps, a dplr delay and a 2hp Verb in there.

I’m super Happy with this setup. Don’t need anything else :slight_smile:

17 Likes