Portable Battery to Power Elektron

yea, the Talentcell has become my default Digitone power source. :slight_smile:

Thanks to all for the informative discussion, I just bought the Omnicharge 20 and successfuly powered my Rytm MKI, MnM, M32, O-Coast, and El Capistan for just over 2 hours!

Really happy with this powerbank, simple to use and very portable. My musical output is going to be through the roof this summer, so stoked!

3 Likes

Which Talentcell battery did you get? Thinking of getting one for my Digitone.

TalentCell Rechargeable 72W 132WH 12V/11000mAh 9V/14500mAh 5V/26400mAh DC Output L
 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016BJCRUO/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_I2yaBb9KDAZNB

can confirm that

will work for Rytm MK1 for 4.5 hours (+/-)
A4 MK1 not tested yet - need to recharge :slight_smile:

2 Likes

UPDATE:

A4 will also do 4.5 hours (+/-)
charging takes from 5% to 100% appr. 3 hours.

battery mod also done :slight_smile: cable is too long - ordered 30cm

2 Likes

Will this also work for Octatrack?
Anybody tried this out?

The Talentcell 72W will work with the OT MKII. Yes. It will work.

Not MK1, not a chance.

1 Like

Guys, I am based in Finland and many options that you guys have suggested are hard to find here
 After a long time researching I found a great option that will power up to 3 elektrons straight form DC out

That is the “Sandberg 20000mah powerbank for laptop”. Looks cool and works great, I recomend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Xtorm has a follow-up to their discontinued AL380 (which is still available in some webshops), the AL480 AC Power Bank Brick 21.000.

https://www.xtorm.eu/en/power-banks/xtorm-ac-power-bank-brick-21-000/

I had it to power up DT. Sent it back because of regular power drops every couple of minutes.
It could have been a faulty product though.

Have been through this entire thread a few times and am struggling to find the best available solution for powering the OT Mk1.

I am going on holiday soon and would love to take my OT with me. Most of the power banks I can find seem to supply 9V or above and I’m worried about using anything like this.

Any solid recommendations out there?

I am in the UK.

2 Likes

its been said on this thread before. Omnicharge is your best option i believe.

How do you take care of proper input power?
Omnicharge looks like a great product but I am thinking I want something with a AC outlet to have the original PSU to supply accurate power

Omnicharge has AC and DC.
Would always use direcr battery power over DCtoACtoDC what the external PSU would mean.

Just bought a Talent cell but realized when it arrived that the cable doesn’t fit the Digitone DC In
 Any suggestions ?

Bought this one

2 Likes

Is there a solution less expensive then Omnicharge for the Digitone ?

What size cable adapter did it ship with? 2.1mm?

You just need the proper cable size adapter. DN accepts 5.5mm x 2.5mm

1 Like

Grabbed a GM312 on the recommendation from the Digitakt External Power thread.
Works a treat and was only ÂŁ30 from Amazon.
Assuming the Digitone will be the same power needs.