Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Yeh. Like the Prophet~6 (which it is 1/6th) you can go deep and the SubOSC is Tri, so it’s more mellow/thumpy.
And it’s also got the HPF and turning up the Res on that doesn’t reduce the volume, just gives you that nice bass boost.
Ppl say there’s this massive difference between Sequential and Moog, but I reckon I’m getting lots Bass sounds like the Moog Source, and definitely as similar as the Minitaur but better (no vol loss).

5 Likes

It’s Brazilian Blood Wood, with a little Jim Dunlop’s fret board oil rubbed in. Home made. It’s a damn HARD piece of wood to cut.
Caution!!! If you put slimmer sides on the Six, beware that the screw on the back left will hit internal components, so use a shorter screw!!!

Actually looks far darker/redder in life than in this photo

10 Likes

What was the old Beavis and Butthead catch phrase???
Oh yeah that’s right, booooinggggggggg!

2 Likes

Home made? wow - looks great. I assumed there was a company out there selling these. If not, maybe we should start, haha. Cheers.

easily!

After many times trying to find a set up I feel comfortable with (EG1 and EG2)I think I finally did it, I bought the MTK12 a couple of months ago but sold it, as I am working with ableton as a base and I had to turn the computer on anyway. I got the x-touch yesterday, this thing is going to change my life. Has all the features the push 2 lacks, they complement each other very well. I also added a second 27" monitor, before I had a 23" in vertical position, now I have arranger and mixer view…nice. My studio monitors are Focal Shape 50, very good ones. Moved from Behringer B2031A, these are smaller in size but very nice quality; I do not see the point to have a 6" or 8" monitor on a 7m2 studio.
The sound treatment also makes a big difference…as does sonarworks. You can see my cheap guitar; Jackson JS22 I had not played in years and it covers my basic guitar needs.

My small 6U104HP modular (DFAM, 0-Coast and several other modules), there is some empty space as I took the SQ1 out of the rack, I needed more room, no hurries to fill it up. Also my pedals, some of them I own since I was a kid like the boss GE-7 I repaired few weeks ago. Connected to Ableton as external Audio FX( the Boss pedals go to input 1 and 2 with instrument level and the Zoom uses SPDIF in and out). Also the Korg SQ-1, which I also use with Lyra 8

My main synths, Lyra 8, Circuit Mono station and cycles as a synth via m4l…the logitech MX Ergo also is new and helps a lot with my mild RSI. Besides buttons can be configured per app.

Push 2 and Behringer X-touch, fantastic couple. My audio interface is the presonus studio 1810, very happy with it. Headphones are Beyer Dynamic DT-880 pro, according to sonarworks default calibration template works pretty good on them…and I think it does.
Waiting for a Behringer PX3000 patchbay to finish the set up, will go on top of the Presonus. Will allow me to route ins and outs according to my needs.

As the studio is pretty crowded already I took the Volca Drum and the Elmyra to my balcony together with a Behringer Q802USB; I chose this mixer because of small size and usb interface. I can record everything on my phone with apps like USBaudiorecorder (free) or USB Audio Recorder Pro (Paid) and then take the bits I want. You can even make videos with usb audio but my galaxy S7 does not work well, there is audio dropouts with standard android usb driver, but it should work in most phones.

The two mono inputs with gain and compressor are good for DFAM and 0-Coast too. On the other inputs I can connect all the line level synths. That FX send is good for my Zoom MS70CDR

I use my other headphones here, Phillips SHP9500, very confortable and work well with phones too (32 Ohm)

25 Likes

Awesome setup! Thanks for the detailed breakdown.

3 Likes

There is, and they make lots of really nice looking enclosures, for Elektron too
www.mixingtable.com

20 Likes

Ok this is my setup. I’m gonna hopefully control all of this through the Akai Mpc X hoping the new update allows me to do this. Had to order some more cables though as Iv’e ran short. I’ll be starting some projects soon posting results.

9 Likes

I’m not good at math but do I count 5 (FIVE) TD-3’s ??!!?!

:dizzy_face:

5 Likes

Acid Poly :facepunch:

1 Like

why do want so many 303s?

1 Like

Hardfloor cover band?

3 Likes

51Frg1acVbL.AC_SX425

51Frg1acVbL.AC_SX425

51Frg1acVbL.AC_SX425

51Frg1acVbL.AC_SX425

51Frg1acVbL.AC_SX425

5 Likes

realize I’m in the minority but I can’t stand the 303 sound. wouldn’t buy one, let alone five. (well… nor give a dollar to Behringer, but that’s another topic!) but I respect that people like 'em! they are fun and simple.

10 Likes

I did preorder 2x TD3 and bought a Crave. The Crave broke in a week, returned it , cancelled the TD3’s and bought a Lyra 8 instead. I loved the 303 sound and still do, I would have loved to own one 20 years ago but these days I would take a DFAM or 0-Coast over a OG TB303 anyday and a Mono Station over the TD3 too…

2 Likes

Poly chain 3 of them for stabs and have 2 of them for bass lines. Also they’re cheaper than a softsynth

1 Like

You just gave me an idea, I will try ABL3 in poly mode via midi round robin… :wink:

2 Likes

The PINK one?

Sorry to disappoint you, plain black. :wink: