Your setups [ 10k Archive]

a good friend of mine (not on this forum) helped me a lot in making this

flight case serves as a desktop surface.

devices are hard-mounted in this wooden rolling shelves. (A4 too)
open:

closed:

wires. so far 3 power chords and 2 stereo out from the whole box. usb sits there temporarily :slight_smile:

some pics of making process

(we ditched that backstand later)

20 Likes

awesome

1 Like

Ace!

1 Like

Very nice! How good does the iPad look next to the OT! I didn’t realize their dimensions were so close.

1 Like

yeah, a total coincidence ! that was the main reason for this whole setup :wink:

Make noise gear is by design ‘very modular’, in its implementation. It rewards exploration and clever patching. The results (and required way of working) of this however may not be to everyone’s taste.

My system is a mixture of ‘very modular’ modules along with completely the opposite, for example complete synth voice modules with just a few knobs to dial in your sound selection. The techno system is an example of this ‘less modular’ implementation, but in an almost extreme (limited and focused) kind of way.

I think for most modular users, the middle ground is the best path. Although there is definitely a strong trend towards the latter more simple approach. But that alone becomes too limited in my opinion.

1 Like

Now, this I like. Don’t get me wrong, I have a love/hate relationship with my iPad (which I use as the brain of my LinnStrument rig), but I do this sort of thing with my kit all the time. It has to look at least this neat and tidy before I can even consider working or traveling with it. Devil’s in the details… :wink: Good work.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more !

A few new items (Alyseum AL88c, opz, projector, laptop) but a mostly complete setup these days, now in a temp space. Laptop is for visuals and opz midi only. Synth stand is set to ‘composing height’.

10 Likes

New speaker stands too. :wink:

7 Likes

What’s the rest of your studio look like?
This david tudor-esk setup is a turn-on

That’s pretty much it haha. There’s a drum kit in the corner not pictured here. I have to admit I really like my hanging speakers. Maybe I was channeling a bit of Tudor!

2 Likes

Interesting to see, i also use the Digitone quite often as just a FX+Mini Mixer. I Wonder how many owners do that too.

Synth newbie setup :slight_smile:

15 Likes

nothing really new, but i just received Definitive B-3 ROM for Command Station and got a Punk Hammond :grin:

ingredients:
EMu Command Station with Definitive B-3 ROM
Boss VF-1 for leslie emulation

3 Likes

just about finished my little music nook in my new studio flat. No monitors as I use headphones to keep the noise to a minimum.

16 Likes

I was quite satisfied with DN effects until about a week ago I installed Soundtoys pack (30 day trial). Now I’m trying to figure dedicated fx setup, maybe BigSky and Timeline or keep it ITB.

1 Like

Wait, stop…too much interesting things to digest!!!

1 Like

While we figure out if we are moving or not, dad’s corner of the basement. Just picked up the heat, and oh man, sceptical at first but this thing kicks ass. Laptop is my chip synth MD.

8 Likes

Played a short liveset at a house party yesterday with AR, A4, Looper + DJ Mixer for the first time.

27 Likes