Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Hey man, have the tone and the el cap too. Both are great on their own. How did you use the capistan? Looping with the sound on sound setting or as a normal tape delay? Do you have something online to hear?

Just sound on sound mode.

Nah, nothing that night was particularly interesting enough to share. It was mostly an exercise in exploring the new box and pretty typical sorts of darker textural ambient I guess? Maybe like that West Mineral label sort of stuff. I tried to look at it as serving the bands and being a chill break.

1 Like

Just finished my setup.
On my back, not shown, also a Novation 49sl mk3

Greetings from Italy
A.

20 Likes

Is the curved monitor comfortable to work with?

The amount of data you can see at once is spectacular, and this was my first curve monitor ever, but I must say that other than being curved ( which is good for the field of view ) it is the size ( this a 38 inches ) which for me is hard to cope with : with a size like that you need to put a certain distance between you and the screen otherwise you’re going to have a never ending neck exercise session to read portions of screen which are far left and far right…
Cubase and Maschine2 are gorgeous tho… !!

2 Likes

Haven’t done one of these in a while but since it came up in another thread I thought I’d show my mixer-free OT setup

The JV is plugged into the Moog for filtering. But both may soon be replaced by an MS20+omnisphere

The 4 OT inputs are DN, Moog, VT-4 (coming soon) and FX return

OT cue L sends to TimeFactor > DFX9 > Pork Loin. Cue R is currently unused but if I get an MS20 it’ll go to the ESP input. Sometimes live I’ll split the FX chain in two for parallel copies.

OT outs go through the EHX Platform, then to laptop for proper mixing. Interface is a saffire pro 24. There’s a PCM-M10 recorder always listening to the main outs so I can record without switching on the laptop.

Gotta say the OT+DN is a fearsome combo. I could easily lose everything else.

18 Likes

Been using this set up for my DJ gigs lately.

Denon SC5000m runs into 1 and 4 on the mixer.
Serato runs to channels 2 and 3, controlled by the cheesy numark controller.

Booth outputs from the DB4 run into OT AB where I can sample anything coming through the mixer.
(i also sometimes switch Booth to only play what is CUEd on the mixer instead of the live feed)

OT runs back to DB4 channel 3 (it’s super easy to switch the input matrix on this mixer)

Op-Z runs into OT CD, and I just use it for chord stabs or adding extra kick drums. i’m not playing any full “tracks” from it at this time.

I’ve been recording most of my sets into an Izotope Spire Studio (not pictured.)

And there’s Spotify/apple music on USB channel 1 from my computer… able to handle any and all annoying or not annoying requests.

All in all, there are a lot of options with this set up.

I just bought the SoundSwitch dongle, too, so I’ll be able to sequence my lights in the coming months and have them respond to the audio more directly.

IG: @dj1musicandproduction
i’ll get some audio up asap.

9 Likes

My today’s view.

I don’t know, but I just don’t klick with the shared system. I mean, 5k eur is just a bit much for just some great basslines, right? :smile:

16 Likes

Uhm, where is your techno system?

1 Like

Haha, don’t worry, it’s sitting right outside the photo :smiley:

I don’t have the luxury of a big studio desk, so I have to put stuff away when I want to use other gear :slight_smile:

no, I guess the TS will be my first piece of gear that actually won’t get sold because it’s just too awesome.

1 Like

Glad to hear, it’s really to awesome to drop it…

1 Like

image0

Just got a Medusa off of Guitar Center’s used website for $800, which is a steal IMO. I’m already in love with this thing, can’t wait to get it sync’d up with my other gear.

The Digitakt and the Analog Heat MKII are going to go on the top row, making room so my Analog Rytm MKII can sit perfectly to the right of the Medusa.

Under the Vortex is a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 that powers the Line6, the TC Vortex, the two Meris pedals and a Kenton Thru-12 midi splitter. I’m waiting for my Disaster Area midi box to arrive to sync the Ottobit Jr and the Polymoon. It’s all routed through the Radial Key-Largo keyboard mixer, which would be the absolute ultimate thing if they had effect inserts instead of sends.

All of that fits into a pedalboard from NYC Pedalboards. It all fits in one box, which is sweet.

13 Likes

Woodbox Version 4. Octabox. The slimmest so far. Everything pre-connected, needs just one single AC adapter or a Powerbank.
Ipad Pro 2018 11”, iconnectAudio4, octatrack mk2. Live sampling, looping, sequencing iOs-Synths. Easily movable inside the house or outside in a small gigbag.

53 Likes

Gorgeous.

1 Like

So cool! Is the Roli connected via Bluetooth?

1 Like

yes, but i could connect it to the usb midi host port (the main reason why i love the iconnect interface so much) of the interface as well, so i can use it as a controller for the OT even when the ipad is not involved

1 Like

a good friend of mine (not on this forum) helped me a lot in making this

flight case serves as a desktop surface.

devices are hard-mounted in this wooden rolling shelves. (A4 too)
open:

closed:

wires. so far 3 power chords and 2 stereo out from the whole box. usb sits there temporarily :slight_smile:

some pics of making process

(we ditched that backstand later)

20 Likes

awesome

1 Like

Ace!

1 Like

Very nice! How good does the iPad look next to the OT! I didn’t realize their dimensions were so close.

1 Like