Your Setups (Part 1)

Needs more, right? :wink:

Sure thing! The only trick is figuring out what comes out of what, but that wouldn’t be too hard if I hadn’t made a rack that makes me go spelunking everytime I need to plug something in the back.

Yeah the cables are ridiculous. It’s like meditation figuring out how to patch the Field Kit FX the way I want it.

1 Like

I have exactly the same cables

I have ordered the shorter Hosa (45cm) as I think they will take less space on the desk

At the end of the day when you are not in a proper studio you don’t need long cables- for small desk 30-45 cm is more than enought to connect all devices

I could probably manage the cables better but these setups are spontaneous and it changes daily depending on my mood and the task at hand. Tomorrow it might just be OT and op-1, or OT and guitar. I actually hate all cables. I wish everything was somehow wireless. Those Field Kits make any setup look messy, especially if you use both of them at the same time. What’s funny is when I was getting back into all of this back in March, I talked myself out of modular because I thought it was too expensive, then I ended up spending way more than I would have for a small modular setup. I like the different boxes though, different tools for different days, and some of them are just as satisfying on their own.

Good call @Max.A

15 Likes

Gonna have some fun with these 3 this weekend. The Digitone sounds great going through the Cocoquantus, and the Octatrack puts some nice finishing touches on the combo with a little filtering and dark reverb. I’m also using the Octa to grab loops, add some drums / other sounds, and generally shape the chaos of it all into something that sort of resembles music.

Makes for a really nice little meditation corner.

20 Likes

Dig the SkinnyBrute. How’s the UA pedal?

2 Likes

Sweet looking setup! Would love to hear some of your mediations :slight_smile:

You got enough OT I/O to put the Cocoquantus into an EFX loop if ya wanted

2 Likes

I’ll try to get some stuff recorded and share back here!

And yes you’re totally right, I’d love to run the Coco as an effects loop from the OT — to be honest I just don’t have enough of the right cables right now to make it happen. The Coco likes 1/8" stereo cables and the OT runs dual 1/4" out, so I just need to up my adapter/cable game.

1 Like

The most consistent my setup has been in a while.

11 Likes

Doesn’t make any sense they didn’t do the keyboard-free Brutes. That’s superb.

2 Likes

Update on my setup.

Added OT, and Eventide H9 to record guitar.

I have more configuring to do, but then music! No more buying stuff!

16 Likes

I’ve successfully condensed my setup to one table-top. Now I just have to rearrange the room a bit, finish my synth building bench, and I can start being productive again. :smiley:

21 Likes

Let us know how you find the octatrack

Will do, I’ve got a thread going already :slight_smile:

1 Like

As sweet as can be

1 Like

I like your thing.

35 Likes

Alrighty!

25 Likes