Your Setups (Part 1)

I bet he knows only a third of his machines very well

If you have no ambitions or feel no pressure as a musician, naturally follow your heart and buy the Pulsar. You can always sell it if it doesnā€™t offer you what you wished.

2 Likes

The reptile part of my brain is stating this as well I havenā€™t learned to trust it though. So itā€™s good that youā€™re saying that!

What reason do you have not to? The used market is a candystore, everything is available and itā€™s easy to offload something without any loss if it doesnā€™t fit your setup or workflow. Especially if you have no pressure to actually produce anything, you can just try different gear and enjoy yourself.

2 Likes

Well sure. Actually the Swedish second hand marker is actually great!

I will probably lose a cpl of 100$ but itā€™s not really about the money and Iā€™ve never felt like I lost something when I lose bucks by selling second hand (if I have purchased an item new that is) it was an experience having that instrument and that experience is worth more to me then the money honestly.

1 Like

Absolutely! I view myself as a hobby artist in a similar way and know very the feeling of an instrument just not having that ā€˜somethingā€™ to make it a keeper in my setup.

What Iā€™d maybe do is keep an eye on the 2nd hand market in Sweden (maybe EU) and see if thereā€™s someone willing to sell their Pulsar. Maybe give it a few weeks, listen to the Pulsar a bit more. Meanwhile maybe get rid of the Hydra already.

Get it, you only live once.

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a few buyers remorse pre-order pulsars about to start doing the rounds on the second hand market.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I definetly do thatā€¦ Im gonna take my time with This one!

Sell the screens if you need space :see_no_evil:

Lol, thats my Office. My job lended me the screens and the Office chain so i can work comfortably from home.

One cannot have too many patchbays. Sadly everyone has such a shortage of them in their studios considering how cheap they are.

1 Like

Iā€™d buy one if there were digital patchbays to route the signal to one or many destinations.

theres plenty of digital patchbays

1 Like

Can you show me some? (maybe letā€™s make a seperate thread?)

1 Like

Interested too.
The prices look crazy :exploding_head:.

@micabeza Feel free to join!

didnt you sell your A4 for the hydrasynth just recently? donā€™t think itā€™s even been 2 monthsā€¦

That is trueā€¦ and like I stated here, I actually dont have any negative to say about the Hydrasynth. Iā€™m not getting rid of it because I donā€™t like Hydrasynth. Iā€™m getting rid of it because I want my set up to go in another direction. I can keep it, but then it would boxed up and I donā€™t know how I feel about that.

2 Likes

I like how youā€™re just casually telling this dude to pick up hard to find and expensive sequencers for his problem. You sir, are an enabler.

1 Like

Hydrasynths need to be free, to spread their wings and fly. Or run through open fields and frolic under the sun. Not stuffed away in some dark and cold box. Good on you sir.

3 Likes