Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Thanks. That sounds pretty cool. I have an Aphex 105 gate that I tend to use in a similar way but having that ability in a pedal type format would be great, not to mention it’s other features. I’ll have to pick one up one of these days but it sure seems like an effect I could gel with.

current lockdown setup

picked up a ua arrow today, my first dedicated interface in years (aside from when the Elektrons had them built in)

got some new strings to setup my guitars, interested to see how the uad plugins sound.

10 days off now let’s see what happens :slight_smile:

edit: tbh i kinda bought the Arrow coz i got a good second hand deal, but the price point had pretty much sold me for the features. i did know there was DSP plugin stuff involved. but now im reading you need to use the UA Console app to achieve that. to my surprise, the new Luna daw also works with the Arrow, and coincidently actually dropped yesterday ahead of schedule due to Covid 19 - i plugged in my Arrow and it prompted me to install it. as far as i understand it, this makes Console redundant and gives me a new DAW for free, with all the DSP powered plugs baked right in

awesome

12 Likes

How are you liking Luna so far? Does it host 3rd party VST/AU plugins?

Roland MC-303 :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Apologies for the off topic response :

I’ve only had a couple hours with it. Seems very straight forward. Yes, 3rd party VST support is included.

It has quirks, and seems a little too steered towards buying more of their stuff which I’m not a big fan of. The system also uses iLok, so your interface must be connected in order to use it.

I was just trying to dot through the manual on the couch and have a play - no dice, had to grab the arrow and have it on the couch with me to do some testing.

Likewise without an internet connection it won’t run. So on a plane edits are out of the question, as are your network-free lakeside sabbaticals. Likewise no chilling at a cafe with just your laptop, you’ll need the box too. It all feels a bit Mbox-like the way that was years ago for Pro Tools. And I think this is the market they are going after.

I think a lot of this will settle down once we leave v1.0.0, and UA find their footing in this world. At the moment it’s a nice offering for UA users who are based in a studio, but it’d be nice to see them expand their concept of when and where Luna can be used for users who decide to make it their DAW of choice, which tbh it very well could be.

Otherwise, it all looks very polished and finished, have yet to dive deep enough to discover any snags at this point.

edit : I believe if u buy an iLok dongle u can circumvent the internet thing

1 Like

The Friedman amp sims are amazing FYI.

1 Like

I see you have a Benchmark dac1 there. I really regret selling mine and have pondered on buying another but I wonder how it compares to today’s offerings?

Finally got the Faderfox MX12/PC12 out the boxes again to try and see if I can control the AR/A4 and a few other synths (some not pictured) got 3 months off work so thought I’d have a dabble with them so I’m not reaching all over the place to control stuff…

16 Likes

Here’s where I create sounds to sample into my Squid Salmple, and mixing:

This is the setup I’m currently using to create music:

48 Likes

Good lord. This is what this thread is all about. Amazing sample-creating station, and the cleanest 6U eurorack ever. The way you laid out those tendril(?) right-angle cables is a work of art. I had a foray into eurorack, and that looks like a really fun case.

7 Likes

Whats the camera you’re using? Nice quality.

Nice setup ! I too am super OCD with having my tendrils as much out of the way as possible. I prefer standard cables for active patching though.

@ scoobydoozler
a basic iPhone 8, really nothing special. The room has a nice light though.

1 Like

Thanks. Yes the neat tendrils idea only really works well for me with a small case and relatively fixed signal architecture.

Thanks for the kind words :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool. Seems awful good quality. I take it the Audio isn’t from the phone :rofl:

If you don’t mind me chiming in, I had a DAC1 ages ago when I was really into outboard. I found it was great for sending stereo audio out through other outboard (transformer preamps, reverbs, compressors, etc) and then back into my system.
And while the 3D image and low noise were exceptional, it is not transparent.
It adds some magic on the top end. Some sizzle. It’s quite pleasant.

But this makes it not ideal as a monitoring DAC between your system and your monitors.

That said, it was definitely my favorite output for going through outboard and back in (versus the Lynx Aurora 16, MH ULN-2, MH 2882, and Mytec Stereo96 I had at the time). It just made the round trip out of the system and back in sound really really good)

1 Like

How do you find the faderfox controllers? Are you using them for AR and A4?

I’ve just set them up today however no idea about how they’ll work until I had them running a few days. I know the MX12 will be controlling the Analog Rytm II and the PC12 for other synths, need to RTM and do some trial and error.
Will report back through the week tho.

Rob

1 Like

Thanks, look froward to it.

1 Like

Nice setup where did you get that desk from.