Your setups [ 10k Archive]

I always felt the 606 was the underrated sleeper of the Roland SP family!

3 Likes

This is awesome! The fact that you pieced this together out of necessity is so cool. Nice touch with the cushion. Also happy to see analog heat made the cut :+1:t4:

1 Like

Ho yes, that’s clever. Thanks for your answer.

1 Like

36 Likes

…a work in progress. Let’s not talk about the lack of room treatment :joy:

17 Likes

Not using the mc 707?

I’m trying to use my time in isolation to focus on the Octatrack, but I do grab the 707 off the shelf regularly. Still haven’t explored the new firmware update completely.

Next purchase is probably going to be the Output Platform desk, with the Sidecar as well. Never enough space :confused:

1 Like

Thanks, I figured I better include something Elektron for the forum. That space was originally intended for the H5 and room to add maybe a volca beats, but the H5 was too hard to use on the top tier and I’ve since decided I get on better with drum sequencers on the iPad than hardware. The Heat definitely works in the setup, and tbh I’m not sure what I could add in its place sound module-wise that can’t be covered with the iPad. I can see myself rotating it with the drolo stretchweaver and meris hedra at some point, however.

1 Like

Loooong ago. Breakbeats at 115bpm if I remember correctly.

1 Like

Who need’s Flat Eric when you got Deaf Eric ?! :crazy_face:
Fe

2 Likes

Hi there ! I don’t post that often but check the forum regularly.

I wanted to share my set up during confinement since I am quite happy with it right now. Some kind of “desert island machine” mindset with the OT as the obvious answer. I started to make one beat / video per day last week, we’ll see where it goes… :slight_smile:

Here are some of the ones I really like:

Voir cette publication sur Instagram

Digging indian music from my dad’s collection. Made this chill beat 🐢 I’m quite happy with the result. . . . . . #elektron #octatrack #sampling #indianmusic #homestudio #homestudiolife #chillbeats #confinement

Une publication partagée par @ romanicks le 3 Avril 2020 à 10 :18 PDT

☀️ Saturday’s chill beat ☀️ . . . . . #elektron #octatrack #sampling #chillbeats #homestudio #homestudiolife #bedroomproducer #confinement

Une publication partagée par @ romanicks le 4 Avril 2020 à 9 :31 PDT

Lazy sunday afternoon. Made this chill beat 🤙 . . . . . #elektron #octatrack #sampling #chillbeats #homestudio #homestudiolife #bedroomproducer #lofibeats

Une publication partagée par @ romanicks le 5 Avril 2020 à 8 :47 PDT

10 Likes

Classic. What’re you sampling in the inputs?

Cheers! Most of the time, I sample old records and some random stuff on YouTube. For the drums, I am using drum machines samples from my library.

1 Like

Definitely my desert island gear. Sold it once and never regretted a sale so bad, my OT and MD are lifers now :wink:

3 Likes

Maybe the two most beautiful and powerful Elektron device ever made.

2 Likes

Look so nice together, I think the OT MK2 is the only MK2 that looks better then the original

2 Likes

i have a bitwig template for recalling patches, but i also am able to recall patches using the OT (load part / double tap stop).

i do agree simple is often better.

beauty shot with the morning’ sun :sunny:

Sounds like this :

17 Likes

@Stone262 What do you think of the stretchweaver? Been eyeing that one for a while.

@blurrghost I really like it, and need to use it more. It does a ton of stuff and can be subtle but I think it shines most being more dramatic. I haven’t figured out exactly where it fits in my workflow but I think it’s either adding an effect while mixing or coming up with something to write a track around. There’s plenty of demos of the time and pitch settings but to me its gate setting is a lot of fun and was an unexpected surprise. You can have an audio loop going in one channel that can be set to only be heard when you play audio into the other channel. It’s kinda like the audio is part of your synth patch. That setting is also great for finding a patch or coming up with a new part to go with a track… as you can leave the track looping but have it squash the volume when you’re not playing something which helps a bit with loop fatigue. For me it also helps rogue notes stand out much more going from silence to full mix.