I made my new EP with my Octatrack only

Hi all,

It’s been a year since my last post, where I shared my new setup for lockdown, which consisted of my OT and… that’s it! I guess that was a good thing since I’ve never been this productive in my entire life! I recorded around 30 tracks and finished 10 of them. Even though I’m a proud MKI owner for five years, this was the first time I didn’t use mostly Ableton to compose and man oh man, what a relief!

So I’m proud to share my new Fragments EP with you guys with the first 6 tracks I did with this setup! I wanted to create textures with both a lofi and ambient vibe. Hope you’ll like it :slight_smile:

I also created a YouTube channel to show how I recorded the tracks if some of you are interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kINHrqwRuU

Also, for the ones that might be interested in the process of recording: the only real downside I faced was I didn’t know the best way to record the tracks, either separately or straight from the main outs (btw thanks guys for all the tips I found here!). I guess I chose the wrong way since I wanted to fine tune some sounds ITB afterwards (EQ, Compressor mainly) and that was such a pain :sweat_smile: I recorded a first take from the main outs with all the MIDI information to then be able to record each track separately but I quickly came to the conclusion the OT is just not designed to proceed like this. So I’m now more and more thinking of having a basic mix in the OT first and then record my tracks in one take afterwards. It will save me a few months of headaches hopefully!

Anyway, thanks for listening!

Roman

36 Likes

I like it very much, thanks for the inspiration!

1 Like

nice! congrats on the release

1 Like

Thanks so much!! :pray:

Love the opening track! Nice work :ok_hand:

1 Like

I will definitely check this out today. I often tell myself I could sell everything except the OT and have fun with just that. Can’t wait to hear your 100% OT album. Ah, I see now that you used other synths for the samples. Well, it’s still cool that you produced it all with just OT. That’s more or less what I am doing right now. :+1:t3:

1 Like

Eccellente!

1 Like

nice work. lush and cohesive sounding release. nice vibe.

1 Like

Really dig it. 2nd track is my favorite.

1 Like

This is really good, great work!

1 Like

Thank you so much all! I’m really, really, happy to read your feedbacks! :pray:

@cold_fashioned : I often tell myself I don’t need anything more than the OT, and I actually sold almost all my synths during the past few months, but I like the character and the textures I can create with dedicated machines. I guess I like sound design almost as much as sampling, even if I’m more comfortable with samples :blush:

2 Likes

Nice tune !

1 Like

Thanks! :blush:

Hi there! Just a little bump to share with you another track I made with the OT!

Since I found it didn’t really fit with the tracks from my previous EP, I decided to release it on its own. It’s also available on all the streaming platforms.

I also made a video if you want to watch the live performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v9mbIriTCo

Anyway, hope you’ll like it! :slight_smile:

Roman

2 Likes