Your setups [ 10k Archive]

After hosting the Chicago playdate I had a chance to reorganize my set up.

Here’s the current evolution of my set up.

4 Likes

A lot of your setups look really, really nice. I’m currently in the process of changing my whole flow up. Removing the computer for a few months (unless I’m recording someone else) so that means a complete re-wire for my lil’ temple.

Threads like this are such inspiration for me, currently! Thanks for sharing.

A4
OT
BASSTATION 2
MC202
SH 101
MIAMI
JOMOX XBASE99
9 BOATS OF EURO
BUCHLA 200E AND CLONES
SPACE
TIMELINE

1 Like

Wow nice setups everyone!

My current setup… The tv dinner tray works great when sitting on sofa…

5 Likes

Oh you’ll always find me in the kitchen at parties…

Recent Mobile musical retreat set-up…

OT
MD
Minitaur
ipad well stocked with apps
Live
Motu Ultralite
iConnect Midi 2 +
TC Finalizer Express
X Keys
KRK V4s

5 Likes

What are those stands you are using. Also teh keys look nice. I just bought a Alesis Q25 as a portable solution for live keys but that looks much nicer and thinner.

2 x Cranestand plus. Great options on heights and angles for sitting and standing, quick and solid set up. Better than standard not quite as light as the Pro but not far off and cheaper…

Laptop is on an uberstand.

Keys are CME X key. Beautiful, sleek, low profile controller with polyphonic aftertouch. Action is surprisingly good considering the low profile. Downside is USB only. I really wanted to grab an ICM 4 + for the standalone USB hosting but they still haven’t landed so took a 2 + for this trip and routed the keys via the lappy.

The cranestands look cool but expensive. $100 each over here (well 9,900 yen). Still, I might invest, it would be nice to be able to stand and to get my mini keys underneath.
That’s a shame the keyboard is usb only. Most nice small keyboards these days are. The Edirol PCR M1 has a similar low profile. I bought one secondhand for crimbo but it had buggered keys so I took it back. The alesis is huge really and heavy and no batteries but it has midi out and a proper mod and pitch wheel.

Yeah they’re not exactly cheap but for me the ergonomics, flexibility and portability they offer is worth it.

More of a shame for me than the keys being usb only is that they dropped the USB hosting from the ICM 2 +. I don’t really need the other features of the 4+ for my rig at the moment and the ipad integration and amazing midi routing, filtering etc the 2 + offers in a small footprint…well it just would have been amazing if they’d kept the darned hosting facility in there…because as you say nearly all compact midi controllers are USB only these days.

My current / concise setup:

Octatrack
Analog Four
Modular synth
Adam A7 monitors

1 Like

Finally have something that can be called a setup now that I got my MS-20 Mini. The R3 (my first synth!) is there just for the keyboard, especially after the A4 got polyphony. And playing around with the vocoder, of course :slight_smile:

This is my arrangement for the holidays:

1 Like

I finally sorted my room. Got a higher desk. Still a terrible room but a bit more comfortable to work in now.

2 Likes

This is most of my setup. For now at least. Lol

3 Likes

Looks like a nice setup! – why is it a terrible room? Just sound-wise?

1 Like

Looks like a nice setup! – why is it a terrible room? Just sound-wise?[/quote]
Yeah, the sound is really bad. It’s the family tatami room (although no one ever used it) so there are two shrines (one for each religion, Japanese people hedging bets). The shrines make the acoustics really bad. There are loads of standing waves so you have to move your head to hear certain notes.
Theres also a ton of old junk in there cluttering up the place, though I did finally manage to sort most of it out. It’s a much nicer room to be in now. But sound still sucks.
Still, it’s more space than most and I’ve got a nice bit of gear now. Apart from the crappy monitors it would be a killer set up.

That’s a lovely set up. I really want stands for my elektrons but I take them out and about too much so unscrewing them every time isn’t practical.

interesting array of setups

the pics of the elektron machines housed in the EIT-1 enclosures makes me want to order one D:

roland v-synth is bad ass @nedavine how are you liking it?

Geneoart wrote

This is most of my setup. For now at least. Lol

That’s a lovely set up. I really want stands for my elektrons but I take them out and about too much so unscrewing them every time isn’t practical.
One of the stands folds into its self like a briefcase. Perfect for carrying around two boxes.

It’s really growing on me. I got it around the same time i got the A4 and monomachine so I kinda neglected it a bit, but damn if it aint a deep synth. You can do some really cool stuff with the feedback oscillator and the onboard step modulations. It’s not fat like a virus or anything but it’s like absynth in a box. The semi modular structure is really nice. especially being able to apply a cosm (filter/overdrive etc) to just one of the oscillators. Also it feels gorgeous to play.