Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Is that a Varier stool?

How do you make use of the MX-1’s USB channels without any AIRA devices? Do they work with Elektron gear?

1 Like

Im not shure if its a genuin Varier Move.
It looks like it and ive got it for free from a office that was getting rid of stuff.
Very comfortable :+1:t2:

i mostly use it only like modular, rytm, octa… octatrack as main mix, resample and fx, also sequencing 4x voice from modular
after trying so many options to play live, i ended up with just one pattern in OT and improvise from there, layering sampled synths and rytm…
e-rm multiclock to sync everything

16 Likes

Is that G1 shockwave ?

For today anyway…

28 Likes

it’s like a rite of passage to post a “studying Octatrack” pic. every OT owner’s been there!

*also I would suggest printing out the Merlin manual to go alongside it :+1:

2 Likes

Haha yes! This was my first few hours with it. It made noises and I didn’t beat my head on the table so I’m counting that a success :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Current setup! On left is my girlfriend’s video editing corner and on the right is my music desk. I generate ideas and loops on the modular and Ableton and then play them on the Octatrack.

20 Likes

This never ends

1 Like

This never ends :joy:

Modular side:

9 Likes

3 of them are via the AIRA EFX Modules that give stereo inputs but the BITRAZER is being used as two mono ins and two mono outs. The rest of the inputs are simply normal. It’s a lovely breakout box for the jam.

2 Likes

…and If you haven’t seen it already, watch the Thavius Beck tutorial video, as that gets you up and running pretty quickly :+1:t3:

1 Like

It’s does.

Went from 520HP to 80HP :frowning:

2 Likes

Ironically this video has no sound :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

lol :slight_smile: It’s a “looped” picture shot with my iphone ^^

2 Likes

I love them! If bass is important in your music you may find them lacking. I also have the 6” Genelec sub to go with them. It’s matched very nicely where it just sounds like an extension of the 8010’s

Sorry to hear, man - really hope things come together for you soon!

2 Likes

Trying to work out of a rack case. Looking for suggestion on what to put in the 2u I have left

7 Likes

Finally got everything setup and working, with a lot of help from @sezare56, @Augenadler @Open_Mike, @Schnork and a lot of others.

Thank you. So glad (for now) I changed my Eurorack+Ableton setup for this.

34 Likes