Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Had to make something to fit my MkII into a Quik Lok stand…

So this is my Rytm setup right now.
8 outputs into SSL X-Desk and Kush Tweakers on the master inserts.

60 Likes

Wicked!

1 Like

That’s lovely

1 Like

what is that grey / black device in the middle of the desk? The GAS is stirring.

it’s the console1 by Softube

@VDB What’s your feedback on that box? are the plugins that comes with really worth it?

What a gorgeous setup.

1 Like

Softube console one is right.

Nice! Sometimes I dream of if I had a ton of money and getting the big xdesk console like this:

5 Likes

Well I’ve just got it, and I also just switched to studio one.
So that being said, I haven’t mixed with it yet.
What I have been doing a lot of is using it with my Apollo 8 in control mode.
It was a bit of a learning curve but it is a great combo.
I think the softube stuff is going to sound great, just from how good their other plugs I’ve used has been.
And it is very well built, the grey is metal and I am pretty sure the black is as well, and if it isn’t it is very solid feeling plastic.
It is USB powered which is a huge plus, and the knobs and buttons are very solid. And it has led metering for the inputs and outputs.
The capabilities are great, so I have high expectations to mix with it.
But it’s the fact I can swap in uad plugins into the channel as well as control my amp sims and effects in the Apollo console that is doing it for me.
I really want a faderport 8 to go together with it.

1 Like

I forgot, but it controls volume and pan for tracks as well as 3 sends inside studio one.

Now thats how you DIY!

Hi is possible to know what firmware are you using on the Bitstream I’m just receiving a 3x tomorrow! and if you’re using PC or MAC (osx?) Thanks

Just totally beautiful!

1 Like

machines into renoise

14 Likes

Renoise ! So much power for such a ridicule price !

3 Likes

202 rules

4 Likes

I dont recall the number of the version but I am pretty sure its the most current. Ill look later and get back to you (pm me so i dont forget plz). I am also using windows. Im not sure if the mac side fo things will be frustrating or not b/c i know around the same time this came i believe the mac OS did change and Apple told alot of software people to “update your shit or else.” I can dig into this later as well adn get real time frames. (if youre a mac user, otherwise dont worry about it).

1 Like

How is overhub? Can it power USB powered devices?

yeah it’s great! powered my friend’s boutique without problems

1 Like

I think the plug-ins are an excellent addition to my Ableton set! The controller itself makes it really handy to make your adjustments without clicking your mouse around. I’d say if you like mousing around, then there’s no need for this set up. Other 3rd party plug-ins are also excellent in the quality-sound department. Softube Console 1 just works so perfect together for non-mousing. (or less mousing about)

with Push 2 and console 1 I rarely have to touch my computer. (at home, that is. I never use console 1 live)

p.s. I know you weren’t asking me… but but …

1 Like