Your setups [ 10k Archive]

No Thanks alot, any feedback is welcome :slight_smile:
I am basically in the market for some plugins and read somewhere that the plugins that comes with the unit are worth more then the hardware itself (didn’t check if it’s true though). The idea of a dedicated controller for FX is very appealing to me, because I like to think of my reverb, delay, etc. as another instrument and I also like knobs lol I tried to go the guitar pedal route but it wasn’t for me : it didn’t sound like I wanted to, I have limited IO in my interface and you know more cables and more AC adapters is just a nightmare. That’s basically why I was asking!

2 Likes

Then I think you’d be in happy land with Console 1. Their idea with it being more like a traditional mixing room set up where you always have your compression, saturation, EQ… in the same place is, to me, priceless! It streamlines my process and has taught me to organize my FX chains better on my channel strips, even when I’m not using the Softube stuff.

1 Like

It won’t let you control other effects besides the softube channel strips in a daw, so no hands on for reverbs or delays I am afraid. In Apollo control it does but not in the daw.

1 Like

ohh I see, I see, and even in Apollo, I think you can only control UAD plugins.

hmm GAS-o-meter went down to zero :okej:

In Apollo central you can only use uad plugins, obviously, just like in cue mix in the motu interfaces you can only use their channel strip.
Difference is the uad effects are amazing. Amazing guitar amps, great compressors etc. And all the super cool old tape delays and reverbs.

That said, it works great for me, but I track lots of guitars and hardware so that’s the draw for me . If it doesn’t do it for you no problem either.

1 Like

Less is more.

4 Likes

These music stands make for excellent stands for desktop modules. Extremely sturdy and could pitch down to like 15° if you wanted.

https ://www.guitarcenter.com/Proline/PL53-Tabletop-Sheet-Music-Stand.gc

Added the Digitone and working on clearing out a few synths and keeping things to what fits on the desk.

4 Likes

hi,
here is my humble music corner. I have not done any gear changes in a long time, but I am leaning towards swaping my VIRUS C for POLAR TI2…aand mybe getting back MACHINEDRUM MK2, which is still one of my favorite machines :japanese_ogre:

10 Likes

To let go of the SubSeq37 is a question of tones needed and “use cases” :wink:

For Moog basses the Minitaur is perfect. But the SubSeq37 can do much more. The modulation options provide many options, other Moogs don’t have. Ever tried the looping envelopes, or some of the paramters under the hood? It’s more flexible then a Minimoog or Voyager in some aspects. The sequencer does not compare to Elektrons, but is worth to be checked out.

In my studio the Sub37 is used as a live solo-instrument for Moogish tones in most cases and I would miss it, even if much of the other tasks are done by sequencing other machines.

Yes, someone else with the boss 500 series pedals!
I really love mine. How are you getting along with yours?

Hello!
Are you using overbridge for a4 and heat renoise?? If yes does it work Well?’ i I searched à bit on renoise forum and found nothing except à post speaking about "workaroundd and not working very. Well. I download thé démo and made thé renoise vidéo tuto, but stop after that.
Im asking myself if it is à good idea to spend thé time to learn it, as it côme with à lot of plugin efect that i hope to use along digitakt and monologue with overbridge.
Thanks

I quite like Renoise and use it a lot, and as far as value for money you do get a lot of fx and a pretty great sampler built in.

Should you bother to learn it? It really depends. It will probably be quite an investment of time to get working in th tracker way if you’re not familiar with it. I would say if you have an established workflow in an existing DAW, just download some of the amazing free effects from around the net. They are probably better than the ones included in Renoise anyway.

Here’s some +/- I can think of right now…

Plusses:

• Stable, pretty lightweight.
  • Plenty of inlcuded fx
  • Great integrated sampler
  • Wonderful modular approach (slap an LFO or envelope follower on anything)
  • Solid midi sync output
  • Tool scripting support, if that’s your kinda thing
  • Tracker style sequencing (if you click with it)

Negatives:

• FX are generally mediocre.
  • No proper sidechaining support (no biggie for me but I always hear people whinging about it)
  • Tracker style sequencing. If you don’t click with it. I never really did and it’s a never ending ballache. I’m just too stupid/stubborn to move on
    Many odd/idiosyncratic implementations of thing that you might ending up constantly banging your head against :slight_smile:

Just updated the DD500 to 2.1 last night! I set them up as two mono effects paths (A & B can run parallel to each other) and have been running the Digitone tracks hard panned left (A) or right (B) depending on the track. The effect times can be synced (A&B), they accept midi, handle line levels well, easy enough to read (looking at you Strymon) and can get pretty deep for controls… I’m a fan.

1 Like

Use/sound wise, I’m kind of getting what I need from the others for now.

Yep. At the end of the day I only have a dozen or so standard sounds that I use. And don’t use DAW so keyboard immediacy is how I like to work.

firmware - 1.9, hardware - 2.0

1 Like

Great thanks for your reply I’m waiting for the B3X today so i can dive into the software editor. cool bro :slight_smile:

The Virus C is one of the most beautiful synths ever made in my opinion! But I have the TI so it would make no sense at all to get a Virus C.

thanks but im not really questionning about renoise, but about overbridge in renoise…