Your most beautiful instrument

Wrong.
Tools are beautiful.
Instruments are beautiful.
Saying that instruments aren’t beautiful because they are tools is just crazy.
Take the knife, for example. To lump all knives together on the basis that they are tools would be a statement of complete ignorance. But here’s the rub: owning a beautiful, expensive, hand hammered knife made by a master blade smith in no way means that you can use it better than somebody holding a $4 Kiwi knife from the corner store, itsbthe skill that counts.
Tools, and Instruments are also an extension of the self.
That being said, they are both capable of exceptional beauty. I’m not sure where you were coming from, but even a well made screwdriver can be beautiful, let alone a handmade cello…

3 Likes

Either my 1962 Jaguar…

…or my Two Voice Pro. (Though I still kinda wish I had the white one)

18 Likes

Super Jeal of your 2 voice! <3

1 Like

I love it. Was a difficult one to countenance in terms of cost and an awful lot of things had to be sold to fund it, but it was worth it. Almost impossible to get a bad sound out of it, and the filters are spectacular. Things like the MIDI implementation could be better, and maybe even the build be a bit more solid (though I’ve little to grumble about really) but I forgive these things because of the sound of it.

2 Likes

Do you think its worth it vs the ob6 (for just the ob sound , not polyphony)

Very much so. I have a P6 which is obviously comparable to the OB6… the TVP is a level above.

1 Like

Killer! I will bear that in mind with my GASing :slight_smile:

cant pretend that I wasnt delighted when they stopped production of them about a week after I bought mine :smile:

1 Like

Crap! never knew they stopped production. Oh well!

if you get the chance for a S/H one, I’d say go for it. Or even a single SEM Pro - They are also very special.

1 Like

Owned an original Oberheim SEM module from '74. Really, really regret letting it go (in the late 90’s), sold for double what I paid, but will probably never be able to afford/justify buying one again. :cry:
The filter is absolutely the best on any synth I have owned/used, ever!

3 Likes

I think that’s fair

1 Like

I have a black one too … well, I had no other option, because I possibly snatched one of the last instruments on offer here in Europe. I had an official mail by Marion Systems that they had decided to discontinue it. So I had act. But after some days - it was my “Black Beauty” and the sound is gorgeous … if I try to imagine, how an 8-Voice would sound … :star_struck:

1 Like

ha, same here!

1 Like

Damn, that’s a view…

We have sunshine and palm trees here in Florida but I like overcast weather and snow…

I’ll always be partial to my Sunburst Strat. It got me through my audition for a jazz band and I smashed it into a door on the way out (this was before I could afford a hard case).

5 Likes

Ouch, flipped my Martin off the couch first night home. A week in the repair shop and still some noticeable damage but love it non the less. War wounds!

My jag has a couple of those too :smile:

3 Likes

I have a guitarist friend who always wears his belt buckle to the side, like an auto-mechanic, just to avoid that.

2 Likes

seems wise! - all this was probably done a decade before I was even born to be fair. 57 years old now. (It, not me)