Your most basic and most used sample pack

old E-Mu sample packs from P2000 era (X-Lead 1 and others).
AFAIK most of them are available from Digital Sound Factory these days.

all the samples from mars when you can catch it on sale is great.

hereā€™s a great free one for old school type stuff- TONS of breaks. something of a time capsule :grinning:
http://www.breakbeat-paradise.com/bb_samples.php

2 Likes

Dare i say itā€¦Youtube :pouting_cat: :smile_cat:

1 Like

My usual go-to, either for downtempo or more 130bpm-styles, are the WADRA (when alien drums robots attack) packs from Goldbaby, plus the 909 tape pack from the same retailer.

I also really like the sample packs from Boom Bap Labs, helps me a lot to build "dat good soundinā€™ snare when it comes to layer stuff.

That, plus a shitload of foley recording ofc.

The Mars #x# chains that comes along with the OT. But I extracted the hits and re-chained them to be 25% as big, in file size, for the flex slots.

1 Like

A bit dusty, maybe even dated to some degree - but I always found these super interesting

https://www.rawloops.com/

2 Likes

Ooh :cheeky:

I take it thatā€™s the Essential Wav From Mars collection. Very tempting.

1 Like

:grinning: i like its 90ish website look; it take me back to my early web days with f***ing slow 56k connectionā€¦ good old times!

3 Likes

the best sample pack i have ever used is Driven Machine Drums 3 --> i have used it every day for the last four years. it just sounds SO good.

Wow, this looks great! $47 but an amazing no quibble ā€˜trialā€™ policy and an incredible amount of samples. Gonna have to spend the cash on this.

1 Like

Goldbaby Tape 909

1 Like

Goldbaby Ghetto Drum Machines and Legoweltā€™s Juno and Moog synth packs (free!)

3 Likes

Goldbaby is so damn good.

1 Like

I use Soul Breaks Vol. 1-9 (I think), the Snare Jordan packs, and Ape Breaks by Shawn Lee along with the Young Chop kit. I forgot the guy who put together the Soul Breaks series but he released all of them for free some it still out there in the wilds somewhere.

Will have to check these out.

1 Like

Samples from Mars MPC 60 909

1 Like

Likewise going to have a look for those Soul Breaks packs. Sounds interesting.

Been getting some good use out of the Sample Magic 909 kit recently. Thinking of doing my own sample pack of my MFB-522.

2 Likes

are you talking about:

?

I got it a week ago after trying out the free package first. Best pack I purchased. So many sounds and insane quality. Iā€™ve bought some other packs but this is my favorite.

I do love a good drum cam video.