Your Favorite Deep Dubby/Spacey House Tracks

Has anyone posted this classic yet?

4 Likes

Those were Labels and Artists I bought back in the days. I still have those vinyls/CDs in my collection.

3 Likes

aacccccciiiiiid

1 Like

No. But now someone has :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Edit:
Realised that my original comment could come of a bit rude. Wasn’t meant like that. Sorry :grimacing::sweat_smile:

Yeah good times. I still have most of the vinyl releases from the labels mentioned. I remember having to be quick when they arrived at the shop because others would swoop in and buy the 2-3 copies that they got. A YouTube video doesn’t do justice to just how amazing the bass sounds on a good system, especially Future.

1 Like
2 Likes

Seems like I have to break the rules I made for myself a little. So I’ll change them.
If someone hasn’t posted a track for at least 3 days, then I’ll allow myself to post one, just to keep the thread alive a little :laughing:

3 Likes

Loving this one :point_up_2:

1 Like

Same here. Has stayed on my Spotify playlist for some years now :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

A couple of newer spacey, but less dubby house tracks. Still not entirely sure how I feel about the Magician On Duty series/label. Quite fun but sometimes a bit too “pretty” and derivative. A bit like psytrance artists who decided to write house music for a change. I do enjoy Urulu though. Being Australian it makes for a very strange tongue-twister.

3 Likes

Yeah I agree. The ‘Magician On Duty’ one is sort of interesting. But something about the vibe that makes me feel a little uncomfortable :sweat_smile:

I also agree on the first one being great :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Nice thread! Bookmarked for some inspiration… :+1:t3:

1 Like

This track is from Trentemøller’s 1st EP. It’s also his 1st electronic music release.
I’ve listened to his music since I was 16 (for 13 years), and I wasn’t much into this release in the beginning. Was much more into his other electronic tracks for years. Wasn’t much into his more post-punky tracks either.
But now it’s the other way around. If it wasn’t for those somewhat cheesy 00’s electro house inspired basslines, that were very popular at the time, I would probably still love it. A few somewhat unusual dub techno tracks in there.

But from this release I chose to post ‘In Progress’, because it’s the most spacey/dubby, and it really fits in the mornings with a sunrise.
I also seem to remember it vaguely in the back of my mind as a track that has been played at the danish radio stations in the early 00’s before I was into electronic music and knew anything about Trentemøller. The subconsious mind is very fascinating :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The other track on the EP ‘Le Champagne’ is also great, but is probably more of a sunset track. Like just in the end of it, where it has started to get dark :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Edit:
Just added it to this post, because the release deserves it imo. And it’s still spacy enough for the thread I think.

2 Likes

I used to play this at festivals. Always went down well Rockers Hi-Fi ‎– Push Push (1995 Music Video) - YouTube

3 Likes

Haha very oldschool and dubby. I’m guessing that it’s from the UK?

yep they formed in 1991 in Birmingham, this track got a re-release I think around 2006 on great stuff records

1 Like
2 Likes

I really like how different sounding it is and how it still has that spacy journy vibe. The drone vid at sunset/sunrise helps accentuate that of course. Also the change in the last 3rd of the track. Very refreshing to give contrast. Not sure what you call such a part in terms of music theory :thinking::blush:

1 Like

Btw is that OT I’m hearing on the panning delayed sounds and the drums playing in the beginning? Has this crunchyness to it that reminds me of it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: