Your Favorite Deep Dubby/Spacey House Tracks

yeah mate…that genre thing gets exploded. on beatport you have 20ish subgernes techno its mad

1 Like

No no, I know what you mean, and I agree :slight_smile: Most of the times when I produce, I try not to think in terms of genre, and then just do what I feel sounds great :slight_smile:
But I will try and do specific genres, when trying to learn some elements from those. I get quickly bored of it though :sweat_smile:

But yeah when trying to define type of a sound you’re looking for in music, I think i’ts very helpful to divide things. Though there will always be overlaps. Sometimes quite dificult to discern whether something belongs more to this or more to that.

1 Like

On a similar journey at the moment, I’ve been looking for dubby but with the groove, fun and energy of house.
If this fits your parameters, prepare to get your mind blown:

3 Likes

Every track on this release is great, but this one is probably the most spacey deep house track on it :blush:

1 Like

Personally, I liked the track until 2:45. But after that I missed the spacey vibe and couldn’t really get along with the melodic content. Drenched a little too much in reverb for my taste. I did like the tribal’ish vibe of it though :slight_smile:

But that’s just me. Someone else in here might find that part of the track fire :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Great thread - thank you!!!

1 Like
1 Like

really dig that Detroit influence and sensibility of the East end Dub…proper

2 Likes

Thanks! Glad you like it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Nice track btw. Especially those low stabby and almost bassy sounds.

1 Like

Yeah, reminds me a little of the Alden Tyrrell tracks I posted in the Unusual Dub Techno thread :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Fair enough. It’s a pretty abstract variation on normal house or techno but in the context of a dubby set, played on vinyl in the middle of the forest… it’s pretty damn spacey. :star_struck:

1 Like

quality materials…

1 Like

Yeah, I could imagine. An ok or good track played by a dj in a certain way at the right location, can sometimes make them sound great :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

proper old school house vibe

1 Like

Apropos oldschool. This is from 96 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

that NYC and Chicago shake up…brings up youthful memories of them days.

1 Like

Haha I’m glad that it makes you feel young and refreshed :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Ah geez, fine I’ll do some leg work.

Probably the most famous/successful release from that label which later got picked up by Hooj Choons…

This is a great mix by Hipp-E and Halo

Another great mix(tape) by OG house head Onionz

And a double mix CD from Onionz and Joeski

5 Likes

Haha thanks :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
And that’s a great list! I actually like most of them :blush:

Mid 90’s early progressive house. This is the least trancy, but most spacy sounding track from the release :slight_smile:

2 Likes