Your digitakt setup

DT is a bit more than a jam box … like you said, you didn’t spend much time with it, which can explain your statement …

3 Likes

i mean i get that it does more than that, but as far as recording, incorporating it into my work flow… it’s a bit rough re: just having the 2 outs and no OB. maybe i’m missing something, but my only options for actually using it to produce with, would be 1) just jam a whole track out using the filters as eq, relying on it’s internal compressor, or b) record out select channels at a time, to sync up and mix in my DAW.
that’s really what i meant by the “jam box” statement, and i’d be very happy to be wrong about this :slight_smile:

good to know. i’ve seen such mixed reviews about it online. it seems like such an elegant solution for expanding the i/o for the UAD Twin. I also didn’t like that the tracking output on the mtk is pre-eq stage. that’s a bit ridiculous, eh? anyway, the other idea i had was getting something like a behringer ada8200 or if i step up the € a bit, then focusrite octo-pre, just for the digital i/o expansion. anything else in the multi track mixer arena appears to be far out of my price range.

I don’t think of the digitakt in terms of 2outs / OB. I use it as an INSTRUMENT, like you would do with a piano or a guitar … + with 8 tracks + possibility of resampling + midi i found out that i can produce an album inside this so called sampler … not to mention the p-lock etc that gives you so many possibilities, + comp + many ways of mixing properly + the insane amount of sounds you can get out of it … Unless you want to record a philharmonic it’s just a perfect tool … But if you really want to have it in your daw, it might not be for you … as simple as that ! I mean, i use Logic with Alchemy and other soft tools and it works great, but digitakt for me is hardware, it’s dawless ( just use logic for eq and little details, but it’s because i’m a maniac :slight_smile:

7 Likes

totally fair. i’m gonna keep getting familiar with it and see what kind of joy being an “advanced” user would bring. if by winter i’m not thrilled by it re: my work flow i’ll see what’s next. but i’m not giving up yet :slight_smile: i’m considering throwing a koma field kit/fx into the mix. have a feeling those + digitakt could make some seriously fun sounds, textures, rhythms.

1 Like

I love my alpha Juno 2… nice synth… I’m just working on external control the juno with my Behringer BCR… the menu diving is a little bit boring.

6 Likes

For my recent live shows: DT runs main chords, FX, vox samples, backing beats; Tr8 is on main drum work; DSI Evolver on main bass; Volca FM for secondary/accent bass.

1 Like

I have the dt300. But im going to be buying a juno control as soon as they become available. With the juno control i can send cc messages from the digitakt, which will be awesome

Do you have more info, IM INTRIGUED :blush:

Im almost hesitant to tell everyone about them because ive been trying to get one for awhile and apparently hes about to have a batch ready :smiley:

but here it is

http://midiclub.net/

1 Like

Hello Elektronauts!

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/680288 - this is what I have paired my Digitakt with. Calling this system “Digirack” not only because of Digitakt, but also because of few digital modules in my current Eurorack setup (Shuttle Control, Klavis Twin Waves and 2 x Pico DSP), so best of two worlds - analog and digital.
Digitakt being the brain of the setup, while Shuttle Control - central nervous system.

What are digital Eurorack modules you like the most, of those who has also combination of Eurorack and DT?

I had the opposite problem. By default, the Digitakt was sending a bunch of CC messages which made my Microkorg do things I didn’t want it to. But I got those turned off and now everything is better. :slight_smile:

Gig rig in a big pedalboard case, no need to pack up/down each time anymore :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I am late to the party and got a digitakt today! I will prepare my upcoming live gigs with the Analog Rytm and Digitakt only and plug them into the mixer that is already in the DJ booth. Looking forward to light travel and no hassle with my laptop, interface, controller etc. Im am still missing an “input machine” to plug my modular system in and use the internal FX from the AR or DT. But I guess that will never happen as Elektron secretly works on the “digimix”.
Still don´t get all the fuss about Overbridge, the Digitakt works perfectly for me as it is. The new transfer app is FANTASTIC and the way Digitakt handles samples in general is much more accessible than with the Analog Rytm. I am now sampling a lot of my other synths to create patterns on the DT.

10 Likes

That is a great looking mantis :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Digitakt and Pinekone. A match made in heaven.

1 Like

8 Likes

Looks good!

What keyboard stand is that?

DT - A4 MKI - IPad mixing into AUM, with sugar bytes wow2 adding some mayhem. Roland Duo as a 2i2 interface for iPad.

Waiting for my Lyra-8… on its way from mother Russia!

Should be good, just have to stay away from YouTube and make some “music.”