Your digitakt setup

Nice compact setup! ! guess you can do audio monitoring from A1R > Digitone > Digitakt but it will be summed to mono.

I sold my kmix, but yes I had digi LR out going to channels 2&3 on the kmix.
It sounds like you need a mixer with more inputs.
Maybe since you have other elektron devices you can route your digitakt into one of those. Good luck!

One of these it has 8 audio inputs so perfect for your set up

Sorry I never saw your reply, nice option.

thanks for the reply. I want them on separate channels for the aux sends. why did you sell it?

I guess I wanted an analog heat instead? And I didn’t like the pseudo-physical controls. I couldn’t jump to a volume or setting like i can with an encoder or pot.
I was just looking at the audio fuse though

Loving these setups!

Night and Day

2 Likes

Ive been through alot of gear in my short time with electronic music. I definitely dived head first into it.

Through a process of elimination im now sure that the digitakt, the alpha juno2, and my keystep are essential. They arent going anywhere. I think i need just one more sound source, but im really not sure what it should be. I tried a bass station ii, a monologue (actually really liked that one, too much space taken up though) and a behringer model d. Nothing has really stuck.

But i feel like if i ever sold the DT or the alpha juno it would be a mistake. So im gonna do my best not to let GAS cloud my judgement. The fact is i have everything i need to make music

6 Likes

Simple setup but all nice bits of gear.
Digitakt
Korg Monologue
UA Apollo Twin Quad
A&H Zed 10 (thinking of switching to the Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK)
Strymon El Capistan (ADORE this thing)
Boss RV-6 (really don’t like it, will change this thing soon… too cold and boxy)
Novation Launchpad MK2
Novation Impulse 49
UC-33e
Rode NT2A
Focal CMS65 (JUST got them to replace the Yamahas. HOLY SHITBALLS SO GOOD)
A trumpet :wink:

5 Likes

I sole pretty much all my gear minus my Push2 last year as we had a baby and I wanted some cash towards an electric skateboard. Nearly killed myself on the thing so sold it. Found myself not wanting to sit in front of a computer making music when I got home from work.
So …

Digitakt, TB-03 and Scooper are all new to my computer-less setup.
Still getting my head around the Digitakt. Still to get this lot all connected and talking.

4 Likes

Not super streamlined but it works beautifully:

Digitakt
Dreadbox Erebus (for bass & leads)
Dreadbox Nyx (for pads & soundscapes)
iPad with Beatmaker 3 and a bunch of synths

All goes into an UAD Apollo 8, of which one Cue Mix goes back out to the Digitakt (mono), which allows me to resample any of the gear. I also have a dynamic mic (AKG D5) going into the other Line In of the Digitakt, for vocals & vocal sampling.

“You’re too cold and boxy!”
– Boss RV-6

1 Like

how do you use the uc33e?

I have it connected to the midi in of the digitakt

the faders control the 8 sample channels volume, and on the pots Reverb, Delay, and Filter Cuttof per channel.

2 Likes

I had 22 MTK for a week and then sent it back.
USB connections worked like a charm and i really wanted to like it but was disappointed by the sound of EQ and gain stage (overdrive sound). My cheap and trusty Soundcraft epm 8 sounds better in comparison.

dt to volca keys to cdr70 to tc electronic dsp compressor + same dt to tr626 to trig digiplay eds800 (lovely) to sp808 as fx unit. dreaming about a proper polyphonic friend.

I have same setup for jamming live and i love it.
I used midi but now i connect via USB the uc33 connected to a USB hub.
The USB hub is connected to my Iconnectivity Audio4+
The i connect My Digitakt via USB to the Usb host.
It work like a charm

3 Likes

I bought Novation Launch Control XL to djing on Ableton Live. Tried connect it to Digitakt via iConnectMIDI4+ and it turns out that they fit together perfectly.
Im using Launch Control XL faders to control track levels, knobs for reverb send, delay send, amp decay time and one row of buttons to reverse samples, other to change delay time on steps 0,16, 24,32…
From iConnectMIDI4+ MIDI is sended back to Digitakt. That means +8 LFOs, trigless trigs on any step, etc… There is only one issue with MIDI loop, wich freeze Digitakt, but thats happends only if i press stop button twice.

6 Likes

6 Likes

i’m pretty sure i’m warm with round, spacious bottom end.

2 Likes

i actually haven’t tried to use it for the digitakt yet. i’ve just been messing around with the thing for months (mostly due to day job leaving little time for music lately), and just recently have decided to invest more time into using it beyond simple one-hit-driven loops. i just got the monologue a couple months ago and the duo has inspired me to play around more. i’m still not 100% on the DT, though. pretty expensive for a jam box with 1 pair of outs. that OB would be nice about now. i’m gonna try playing with the pattern chain stuff and see if that helps. but it’s limits are kind of annoying, at least relative to the way i produce music, anyway. i don’t love it’s type of swing either. wish it had some groove emulation type thing like ableton does. even like 2-3 swing modes would be awesome.