Your digitakt setup

You said digi heat? The machine is analog heat

how is the shruthi xt?

lol

This caught my attention only just now. Thereā€™s something in your drawing Iā€™d like to better understand: the side chain split. Iā€™ve been thinking about getting a dedicated compressor for a while, but I donā€™t quite understand how the routing works. Could you maybe elaborate a bit more on how you have set up things to get your compressor pumping?

The DT is small, but itā€™s mighty! :smile:

4 Likes

OT
DT
Kaoss Pad 3
korg minilogue
Moog Sub37

1 Like

I like it for bass moogy sounds for now.

1 Like

How are you liking the MPC Live fitting into that setup? I feel like the talk about it died off a lot after the hype leading up to the releaseā€¦

The Live is not part of the MIDI setup, for now at least. I think of them as 2 different setups, for different genres even. I mostly use the Live for long samples and recording audio tracks from my other gear.

I think that the MPC Live is amazing, it has tons of features and itā€™s a joy to use. I had the MPC 2500 prior to this and the workflow is like 100 times faster. I miss the buttons and interface of my 2500 but in every other area the Live is far superior. Chopping samples is such a breeze.

Overall I really like it and Iā€™d recommend it to anyone who likes the MPC workflow and is into heavy sampling and editing. Itā€™s an essential tool for hip hop, but not so much for other genres, there are better options for those.

1 Like

I hate how massive the analogue 4 mk 2 is. Itā€™s like 3x Digitakts!!!

I donā€™t understand.
2 digitakts are wider than a MKII Analog.

Turn them 90 degrees and they wonā€™t be!

Oh, battle style!
I Djā€™d that way for a time. Kept bumping the tone arm!

But still, itā€™s 5.5" too long with a third DT, there, sidewaysā€¦ and theyā€™re 6.9" long (tall?)

I like its size, everything is laid out nicely :slight_smile:

My Digitakt setup isā€¦ wellā€¦ just the Digitakt :slight_smile: Iā€™ve been very pleased with how much it can do by itself and the factory samples.

My short-term plan is to experiment with and potentially incorporate:
Seekbeats (iPad)
Soundscaper (iPad)
VCV Rack (PC)

Would be cool to get into MAX/MSP down the road.

Will probably get a Digitone eventually or an A4 but those are longterm goals.

1 Like

Iā€™ve probably drawn about 200 of these ā€œideal setupā€ drawings! Started 19 years ago back in collegeā€¦

3 Likes

Do you also enjoy writing lists? :wink:

hahaha, well, a little bit.

I just love imagining the power of various gear setups. Itā€™s kind of a curse because I distract myself from actually sitting down and using what Iā€™ve got.

2 Likes

Hello everyone!
Iā€™m a long time lurker and decided to make an account and post my setup. I have the digitakt for about two months now and Iā€™m having so much fun with it. It basically made the drumbrute and beatstep pro I used before obsolete.

The laptop is there to record everything thatā€™s being routed through the little mixer. The korg nanokontrol just keeps the microkorg at a comfortable place to play
:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Woah hold the phoneā€¦ you can seq the op1 slices via Midi? I did not know this. And whatā€™s this op1 lfo your talking about? Is that the lfo from the DT to the op1 or the other way around?

How well do the sync? Also how does tape mode sync with the DT?

Sorry so many questions but this is intriguing stuff!!