Your Digitakt-only "Productions" - do you have some?! ;-)

Playful karimba is •super• pleasant

1 Like

Tycho? Is that you?!

I saw an fb post for an remix contest so i made my own techno track from the samples which i found underneath. Orginal is an drum 'n bass track. Did the whole thing with the DT

samples:

result
https://soundcloud.com/djerror_nl/the-invaderz-resonance-dj-error-rmx

2 Likes

Late to the party, but I wanna be part of this lovely thread :smiley:
Did my first little track with the Digi yesterday… Bear with me, I’m only muting and unmuting tracks. Have to develop some performance tricks :wink:

4 Likes

New Track with digitakt is out:

3 Likes

I agree about the creativity injection. I am in love with he dt. I have a bunch of awesome gear and use a DAW a lot. But all I’ve wanted to do lately is rock out in the dt.
This thing is so live and fun and just the whole workflow is something I’ve never experienced. I clicked with it immediately.
I am so inspired to just keep creating with it. I love the stuff I’m making with it.

How are you guys capturing your tracks. Do you just record the outputs into a computer and do a live jam type thing ?

1 Like

Posted this all-Digitakt release here on Elektronauts before, thought it’d be fitting for this thread :smile_cat::v::pray:

9 Likes

Awesome !

1 Like

Hey sorry, just saw this. I have been avoiding Elektronauts lately to help me deal with the perpetual delay of the next DT update.

So the opening bit is just some sampled acoustic guitar that I am glitching out on DT. I’ve got a kick and rim shot sample for the main beat and then various little Think Break segments that come in and out. I have two versions of the break, a dry version that has probability and re-trigs and one that has delay on it and I believe shorter envelopes so that the individual loops fade out faster. At first I am manually playing the track mutes on the dubby break track and then I bring in the main one. Then I am using CTRL-ALL to bring the pitch of all tracks up and down and doing bit reduction swells and then reloading the pattern. Then I add in the more uptempo choppy melodic thing which is just from the same guitar sample and then just remove some elements gradually until the end.

1 Like

Cheeky Digitakt jam. All samples from the rest of my hardware

2 Likes

It’s a dark four to the floor track with some glitch stuff. Done just on the Digitakt.

1 Like

I like that change at 1:20-1:30, cool track!

Some selected patterns made in my first sessions with the DT.
I have to say, I think I’m in love. It made me go with the flow lately, not thinking to much about what I’m doing. Part 2 follows. Hope you like it.

10 Likes

Awesome! Very inspirational tracks :sunglasses:

Part2 of my little compilation :blush:

7 Likes

So many amazing tracks in this thread! I don’t have a DT but it’s really encouraging to see that people are prolific with theirs. It seems to be a breeze to use. Probably going to pick one up in the spring after years of wrestling with the OT and not really creating much at all.

1 Like

Here is another solo Digitakt thingy.

1 Like

very nice I want to get a DT to work in company with my OT!

Both of what I heard of those videos were excellent! What did you use as sample sources?!

1 Like

@Ryan
Thank you!
The factory samples for the most part, since I bought it recently and was curious what I can achieve only using these.
In one pattern I sampled U-he Diva and Chromaphone 2, in another Animoog.
And I used some loops of chinese instruments which the previous owner left on the +drive :slight_smile:

I think the stock sounds are great. Nice drums and single cycle waveforms.
Yesterday I sampled a lot of bread and butter basssounds of U-he Repro 1.

1 Like