Your Digitakt-only "Productions" - do you have some?! ;-)

I’ve been enjoying these so I thought I’d share one of mine. It has a hip-hop vibe to it. Some soul and jazz samples along with samples from my modular and other stuff. All on the Digitakt recorded straight into ableton. It’s for a score I’m working on for a pretty interesting performance premiering here in Detroit in the spring.

12 Likes

One Pattern, 8 tracks (no p-locked extra samples), lots of mute/unmute/length changes. and a bunch of save/restore.

https://soundcloud.com/miiiis/raw_3-current-digiktakt-jam

2 Likes

interesting :wink: i like how you change the start-point for that clap every other step. makes it not so static; fits quite good here :slight_smile:

absolutely fantastic! :+1: this “broken” chord and these nicely crafted minimalistic percussion elements in “Open spaces” is exactly what i want to hear !!! the lo-fi sound is the icing on the cake! i could listen to this all day! :smiley:

this is a little masterpiece mate! very very very great! i love it! :+1::+1::+1::heart_eyes:

My first ever Digitakt song after having it for a couple weeks. Not an experienced songwriter, pretty straightforward structure… I don’t really know what I’m doing and suck at mixing. I feel like this is going to be so much easier once Overbridge comes into the picture…

EDIT Forgot to mention, this is made using only the Adlib kit. Synth/bass sounds created by turning some of those sounds into oscillators.

yeah @macinski those tracks were really something. open spaces was really damn good.
Were any layers added in Bitwig or just FX processing stuff?

Good. Stuff!

1 Like

Thanks for kind words @Buska @umonox :hugs:

The whole take was done only using Digitakt with good amount of internal resampling + compression, eq, mid-side processing in Bitwig.

1 Like

The first track I’ve made with my DT after messing around for a week. Made this in about an hour with stock samples experimenting with retrig, conditional trigs, sounds locks etc. Just a short techno/glitch/idm beat

https://soundcloud.com/user-663347177/dt021118

1 Like

This short cut was made with DT and later piped thru cassette recorder and reel to reel. :hugs:

18 Likes

“Today kids, we will be playing Paint by Decibel!”

Sounds great man, and cool video.

Still learning the device…

7 Likes

fucking sweet man. i like the hi hats.

1 Like

Done another one.

8 Likes

BoomBap Lo-Fi beat i made sampling my synths on Digitakt and using SP404 for effects. A bit rusty on the Sp404.

6 Likes

The row must go on

5 Likes

This is a sort of vapor inspired acid sort of thing that I only used the digitakt to make. No layering outside of the box, just additional reverb. It’s called “music for fitting rooms”

I almost only use the digitakt now :sunny:

1 Like

Idk if this counts as a production but, I just did a ~30 min set with Digitakt only here in LA and thought I might share: https://soundcloud.com/teafella/triptronics-feb2018

4 Likes

Nice

1 Like

This is really sick. Sounds sooo good!

1 Like